CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Borders (taking them in)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Borders (taking them in) Empty Borders (taking them in)

Post by Chris Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Would you ever rent out a bedroom in your house to a border, or on the flip side would you ever rent a room from someone?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Borders (taking them in) Empty Re: Borders (taking them in)

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:59 pm

I wouldn't take in a border unless I was in financial need and it was the only way to maintain my housing costs.

I might be the type to rent a room from someone, but again, I would have to be financially in need. When I was 21, I was seeing a new place, and did look at a couple ads for people looking for roommates. In one situation, it was just a room for rent but the house was amazing. They guy talked such a good game saying his wife and daughter had moved for her work, and he had to stay back indefinitely for his. I opted not to go with that, and saw him at a club about a month later. He hit on me. I really wondered if he was cheating on his wife or if the wife and kid story was just that...a story.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:50 pm

I don't think so unless I was in trouble financially.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:40 pm

It would depend. I might take in international students, but I don't know about a regular boarder.

My experiences as a boarder were not good ones - was with a psycho family for two weeks before I had to get out and then with a very anal landlord, though her sister was fine. I lasted a year there and then my roomie and I decided to get our own place, as thins were really awkward and the landlaord gave no thought to anyone but herself. They'd have gatherings all the time and my roommate and I would feel so awkward because they'd make it seem like we were in the way. We were going out to McDonalds and other fast food places on at least a weekly bases because the landlord and her sister would take over the whole main floor.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:05 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:It would depend. I might take in international students, but I don't know about a regular boarder.

My experiences as a boarder were not good ones - was with a psycho family for two weeks before I had to get out and then with a very anal landlord, though her sister was fine. I lasted a year there and then my roomie and I decided to get our own place, as thins were really awkward and the landlaord gave no thought to anyone but herself. They'd have gatherings all the time and my roommate and I would feel so awkward because they'd make it seem like we were in the way. We were going out to McDonalds and other fast food places on at least a weekly bases because the landlord and her sister would take over the whole main floor.

I know someone who took in intl. students and that was a mess for three of her four times. They live in upper MI and she was student rep for Intl. students for their district and it was a mess for her for all but one. A big factor was that in the UP of MI, there is nothing to do, so students were sent to live the American life, and did not feel like they were getting a fair shake in MI. Other problems were that she had a teen daughter at the time, and one boy was inappropriate, another boy was into smoking pot, as his parents in Switzerland allowed him, and the third was a girl who was really, really slutty and had a pregnancy scare three months in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:36 pm