CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Thoughts on the premier?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Thoughts on the premier?  Empty Thoughts on the premier?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:59 am

I can't wait to hear from the new viewers of the show to see what you thought. Be sure to ask any questions you have about the returning duos. I am sure that may get confusing to you given this your first season.

Regarding the premier...I still have a sour taste in my mouth for bringing back duos from the past. Two of the six are winners, and that to me is unfair. Not saying they have a game play advantage, but I don't like the thought of them possibly winning again. This season would have been perfect if it was an extra one during winter like they did when the writers' strike was going on. But for our summer season, I would prefer all newbies.

Here are my thoughts on the HG's....

Kalia: Seems o.k. I don't know if she will be calm and collected or go a bit off when things are not going her way. She seems like she is no stranger to complaining. But she does seem fun and cute.

Dom: I am not liking at all that he has no clue how the game is played, wasn't a fan until directed by his agent to apply, and didn't even know who Dick was. Dom said he studied up on the show when he got farther down into casting, but he didn't do a lot of homework or he would know Dick. There are so many fans of the show/game that apply each year, certainly they could find someone similar to him that wanted to be there from a fan standpoint, and not just a fame seeker standpoint. But, while that annoys me, I am anxious to see how he plays the game, knowing so little about the game's past.

Adam: I can not stand the guy. He tried to hard to be the heavy metal kitten. Annoying as heck, and I wonder how it will go with him and Dom being partners. If they are smart, they will make a dislike for each other (real or fake) known in the house, so they can carry a secret alliance into the top ten, when most likely they will begin individual game play.

Porsche and Cassi: I will lump them together since I didn't get too much of a read on either, as they both were pretty quiet. Porsche seems like she is much more attention seeking than Cassi. I suspect jealousy between the two. Both of them are stunning women, and I wonder if that is going to come into play with Keith (or possibly Dom)

Keith: He is basically Ollie (HG from another season) recast. He is a horn dog, but claims to be super religious. I don't think that I am going to think too highly of him. He is a dumb ass for thinking that lying about his career as a match-maker is going to help him. If a person did that successfully as a career, he would be good at reading people. And players don't like being around someone that they think can read others well. He thinks it will paint him as a confidant. I just don't see that. He is an HR manager, and so whatever it is he does within youth ministry is not his primary career.

Shelley: She seems a lot like the female cop that was on last season. I have little take on her, but it was so sad to see her little daughter so sad to see her leave.

Lawon: I like him. He seems entertaining. I really hope he is likable because he is one of my favorites so far.

For the duos...

Brendon/Rachel...don't like them, hope they leave soon. Rachel is good at comps, so they need to get rid of them as soon as they can, or she and Brendon may go far.

Dick/Daniele....Can't stand him, and don't really like her. He totally knows that Jordan won her season, and was just messing when he said that he was the only winner there. Since winning, he lives and breathes BB. Well, that and boozing at the clubs. Some even still pay that loser to show up. I felt bad for Daniele, because she seemed sad to be there. But I don't think CBS put a gun to her head to show, so if she was disgruntled with her dad, she should have stayed home. She wants a shot at the cash. Not that I blame her, but I need that as a mental note to not feel bad for her!

Jeff and Jordan: I would love to see her go, and him stay. She's won. She got a man out of the gig, she just needs to go. Plus, Jeff carried her to her season's win, so I would like to see him play solo.

I love the golden key twist, with one of the players who is not evicted, having immunity until they are the final 10. That is going to put the pressure on even more to have them campaign against each other. Not that anybody wants to go home...but that promise to make it to final ten (when they will most likely start solo game play) is a huge motivator.

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Thoughts on the premier?  Empty Re: Thoughts on the premier?

Post by AtownPeep Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:22 am

I DVR'd it and am watching it now. Off the bat, I don't like Dominic, Lawon or Adam.

The older blond woman and the hypocritical youth minister, I like. The rest I'm sort of indifferent to at this point.

I haven't finished watching, so I'll come back and give the rest of my analysis when it's done.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:30 am

I am so excited you're watching, and to see what you think after you saw the whole thing.

Not sure why you are liking the youth minister....but we'll discuss that a few episodes in when we get a better feel for what he is really like! LOL

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:21 am

Keith is full of shit, and is too in love with himself, but I think he's going to be good for house drama.

Lawon with his pink shirt, green jacket, receding afro and Wendy Williams attitude makes me cringe...and I hate that Kalia (who reminds of a darker skinned Jordin Sparks/Kimberly Locke and was very perky offtop) got stuck with him.

Cassie and Shelly were cool south side chicks, I liked them.

Dominic, I didn't think I was gonna like during the introduction (because he told us he was a virgin...and I hate the reality show "virgin") but as the episode went on he became cooler, so I'm fine with him now.

Adam is a mess. I expect him to a problem starter who everyone dislikes. I felt like he was trying to create this "character" for himself with the whole "I'm a metalhead who like Beverly Hills 90210." laughing Not "90210", but "Beverly Hills 90210" - the one with Brandon that's been off the air for a decade.

Porche seemed slightly silly to me. I accepted Keith's excuse for being disingenuous about what he does, but her telling people she's a college student instead of a cocktail waitress seemed dumb to me. She thinks she'll be eliminated because cocktail waitresses are too luxurious. Really?

Jeff and Jordin seemed alright enough, but Brendan and Rachel seem like they're gonna get on my nerves.

Dick and Danielle, I KNOW I'm going to dislike. I can already tell that he and Adam are gonna make the house a war zone.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:13 pm

The only ones that really annoyed me were Adam and Keith. Adam with his bellowing and Keith with his womanizing statements. I hope Keith gets the boot next week.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:07 am