CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Cheaps
Chris
6 posters

What was the last thing you gave up on?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What was the last thing you gave up on? Empty What was the last thing you gave up on?

Post by Chris Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:51 am

Have you quit anything recently?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

What was the last thing you gave up on? Empty Re: What was the last thing you gave up on?

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:56 pm

I quit my 2nd job at the end of last summer, that's the only thing i can think of.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

What was the last thing you gave up on? Empty Re: What was the last thing you gave up on?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:57 pm

Soda. It's been months since I've had one.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:01 pm

What was the last thing you gave up on?
    Peoples' common sense
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Can you give up on something that was never there in the first place, Alan?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:37 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:Can you give up on something that was never there in the first place, Alan?

Some people had it when I was younger, Rob. I leave it for you to give up hope that they'll ever have it in the first place.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Not quit, but gave up fighting the insurance company. Got into a fender bender in a parking lot and the bitch lied to the insurance company - said she'd seen me coming and tried to get out of the way. We both said we hadn't seen each other in the parking lot and I was going so slowly that she could have gotten out of the way if she'd seen me, as i was trying to inch my way around a bigger vehicle and was barely moving at all. Bitch changed her story and I was dumb enough to tell the truth. She'd obviously been through something like this before, though, as she knew EXACTLY what to say to shift the blame entirely to me. Insurance company found me 100% at fault. Doesn't matter that she lied, as I didn't record our conversation, so I can't prove that we'd both said we didn't see each other in the parking lot and had been both been backing out.

I'm just going to wish karma on her, though the insurance company did say that is this keep happening with her and she keeps getting in accidents and lying about it, it'll catch up with her. For now, though, the bitch got away with no fault.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Pork.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:11 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Not quit, but gave up fighting the insurance company. Got into a fender bender in a parking lot and the bitch lied to the insurance company - said she'd seen me coming and tried to get out of the way. We both said we hadn't seen each other in the parking lot and I was going so slowly that she could have gotten out of the way if she'd seen me, as i was trying to inch my way around a bigger vehicle and was barely moving at all. Bitch changed her story and I was dumb enough to tell the truth. She'd obviously been through something like this before, though, as she knew EXACTLY what to say to shift the blame entirely to me. Insurance company found me 100% at fault. Doesn't matter that she lied, as I didn't record our conversation, so I can't prove that we'd both said we didn't see each other in the parking lot and had been both been backing out.

I'm just going to wish karma on her, though the insurance company did say that is this keep happening with her and she keeps getting in accidents and lying about it, it'll catch up with her. For now, though, the bitch got away with no fault.

I've been meaning to mention this but next time (hopefully there won't be one, but just in case), high tail it to the local constabulary and fill out an accident report. This was in a parking lot? Check if the store has security cameras to see if they might have what happened on tape. Never say you're sorry or admit fault.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Hey Alan - Good advice. I'll keep it in mind for next time but as you said, hopefully there isn't a next time. Never occurred to me that the bitch would lie but now it makes me wonder if she set things up so I'd think she was going to be honest, knowing that she was planning on lying. With how rehearsed her statement sounded, I'm thinking this might be a pattern with her.

The parking lot is a really bad one, so I don't usually use it. I just walk. It's u-shaped and I noticed that they're now doing renos, so maybe there have been too. many accidents. There's a strip mall around the outside and then a cluster of more stores in the middle and the parking lot is a huge u. I did call ICBC right away. I'm going to keep her name on file and if I ever see anything in the news about her being involved in another accident, I'll phone in and tell what happened to me.

It was naive of me to assume people would actually be honest. Sad thing is, if I'd liked like she did, we'd have been found equally responsible, but it would never occur to me to lie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:43 pm