CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Chris
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
CeCe
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Cheaps
Supernova
12 posters

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels'

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' Empty 'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels'

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Does anybody actually agree with this statement?

My mother used to tell me that when she was on my back to lose weight, she's not even 100 pounds and was never fat in her life except when she was pregnant, and I'm twice her size, so it's easy for her to say, but I've got a few friends who would disagree:

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' NY0207_Neely-Family-Spicy-Fried-Chicken_lg

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' Hershey-chocolate-bar

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' Cheeseburger

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' Lasagna

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' 138418_250x250

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' Frito-Lays-Chips-2-600x400

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' Fruit-Gushers-Tropical-large

I can certainly understand the health aspect, but there are more studies coming up all the time that say being thin doesn't mean much in the way of overall health.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' Empty Re: 'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels'

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:34 pm

I don't know, I been thin my entire life and been able to eat pretty much anything i want.

i'm thin, but most definitely not the healthiest person.. I eat everything you just posted...except for chocolate and the fruit gushers, and i rarely eat ice cream.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' Empty Re: 'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels'

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:45 pm

I don't agree with that at all, no. Nothing tastes better than contentment.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:46 pm

cheaps wrote:I don't know, I been thin my entire life and been able to eat pretty much anything i want.

i'm thin, but most definitely not the healthiest person.. I eat everything you just posted...except for chocolate and the fruit gushers, and i rarely eat ice cream.

That's pretty much me too. It seems like I CAN'T gain weight. Lose it easily & have trouble even getting that back.

Eat all that except the fruit gushers.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:54 pm

CeCe wrote:
    cheaps wrote:I don't know, I been thin my entire life and been able to eat pretty much anything i want.

That's pretty much me too. It seems like I CAN'T gain weight. Lose it easily & have trouble even getting that back.

Eat all that except the fruit gushers.

yup! seems i cant gain (although im not really tryin Smile ) and i lose easily.

i had posted earlier when im feeling down or depressed i don't have appetite, so it can be noticeable when im feelin that way, cuz i will lose weight.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Be healthy.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:07 pm

My thing is I don't have much of an actual weight problem, the only place where I could stand to lose some weight is my stomach. Other than that the problem is as a kid I wanted to be a bodybuilder so I never did the slim down exercises, I did the bulk up kind, so a large part of my weight I think can be attributed to the muscle development, especially in my legs (and so I have a murderous time finding shorts that fit). So I don't look my weight, which is fine with me, but another thing about it is that I cannot lose weight, instead little by little I keep putting it on, so I think another problem is I must have a slow metabolism. And that's a real problem for me but at the same time I don't know how much I'm supposed to weigh.

If I wasn't built like I was, if I had been content with just being a toothpick all my life like some girls, I probably wouldn't weigh what I do since part of it IS the muscle. But at the same time, if I DID weigh what I did and there wasn't much muscle to it, that would be an even bigger problem. So, while I can admit to being a little overweight, I don't obsess about it and my health isn't bad so I don't have much intention to worry about it because even for all the crap I eat, I still eat a lot of the healthier stuff and move around plenty, and since I'm a pack mule in the family I get plenty of opportunities to put my muscle to work.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:15 pm

No, because I don't want to be 'thin'. I want be healthy and nice size.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Indeeeeeeeeed, a while back I got a postcard from Patch Adams, and this postcard has a picture of Marilyn Monroe during the filming of Some Like it Hot, and up top I can see why she was attractive, but her legs are too damn skinny, there's nothing to them! I'm wondering how she even stood up! And why would anybody want to look like that?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Not the bottoms of them. Though it's funny to say that because most pictures of her are mainly close ups, like head shots, can't find a lot of pictures that show her from head to toe aside from that blowing skirt picture.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:34 pm

I think Marilyn's legs are pretty much in sync with the rest of her

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' Marilyn_monroe

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' Marilyn_Monroe_1949_Beach_Photoshoot_023

'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' Marilyn_Monroe_1949_Beach_Photoshoot_022
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:58 pm

I don't know if these are nationwide, but here in Michigan we have these 'Medical Weight Loss' clinics; where obese people go to get on a program to lose weight. They advertise on TV, and one of the alleged patients that loss a ton on weight said just that: 'Nothing tastes better than being skinny.' I dunno, I thought it was a slightly tacky thing to say.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:34 pm

I agree with it. Though I would replace "thin" with "healthy".
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:45 pm

I have been big my whole life. Several times I have lost over 80pounds and went from a size 22 to a size 8. But even at a size 8 I weighed in at 180 pounds due to my muscle mass. The doctor told me I was obese and needed to lose more weight. My metabolism is soooo slow and always has been that in order to get to that size 8, i have to walk 5miles a day, and treadmill for an hour, weights for an hour, and swim for an hour ATLEAST 5 times a week. Thats just my body. Then after all that work to have a doctor tell me that i was still fat, i was like "screw this" im eating and doing what i want.

I dont have any diseases, my heart is good, and my blood pressure is perfect. i dont even usually get any kinds of colds/flu. So Im fat and enjoy it! lol
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:56 pm

So much is made out of people being overweight these days. As long as your not 200 or 300lbs overweight and your overall health is good I would not worry much about it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:57 pm

wants2laugh wrote:I have been big my whole life. Several times I have lost over 80pounds and went from a size 22 to a size 8. But even at a size 8 I weighed in at 180 pounds due to my muscle mass. The doctor told me I was obese and needed to lose more weight. My metabolism is soooo slow and always has been that in order to get to that size 8, i have to walk 5miles a day, and treadmill for an hour, weights for an hour, and swim for an hour ATLEAST 5 times a week. Thats just my body. Then after all that work to have a doctor tell me that i was still fat, i was like "screw this" im eating and doing what i want.

I dont have any diseases, my heart is good, and my blood pressure is perfect. i dont even usually get any kinds of colds/flu. So Im fat and enjoy it! lol

RIGHT ON!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:42 pm

Supernova wrote:'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels'. My mother used to tell me that when she was on my back to lose weight

Does she have anymore of these gems? Maybe we can look forward to a book?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:01 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
    Supernova wrote:'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels'. My mother used to tell me that when she was on my back to lose weight

Yeah I know. I also know that she means well and that like I said, she's the exact opposite so she doesn't get it. But that was some years back and she's since gotten off of that, because now she's also finding out what it's like to constantly be eating instead of eating like a bird.

When I was a teenager she tried everything she could think of to get me to lose weight, and I can understand her concern, my grandfather was fat and he got diabetes and that caused him a lot of health issues and he did not go gently into the good night when he finally died, and I can understand that she didn't want the same thing to happen to me but she never seemed to get that thin people could get it too, like Mary Tyler Moore. And she was always on my case about all the candy I ate, well we didn't find out until just recently that sugar does not increase your risk for diabetes, it's the obesity caused by mass consumption.

And she always knew everything about how the thin people eat 'people in Europe only eat 2 or 3 bites of everything because it doesn't taste as good after that', 'you put on more weight if you eat after dinner', 'cut your food up in little pieces so it lasts longer', and waking me up at 6 to exercise before breakfast, and all the time 'let's do this, let's do that, let's get you up and moving around'.

But apparently, even for her being between 92-95 pounds all her life, she has placed a lot of self worth on her ability to remain that size because when she got married to my father, he told her up front he would divorce her if she got fat. And her father was the same way, always talked to his wife like that, so grandma wore a corset when she was pregnant (which we're all certain is responsible for my mother's claustrophobia) because she didn't want to look fat, so I don't know, I guess when that's what you're surrounded by your whole life, you are going to be like that.

But, she's started gaining a little weight herself lately (though she's glad of it because she can never keep it on and was below her ideal weight for a long time) and now she's like me and always hungry and she's finally gotten off my case, it took her a few years but it's finally gotten to the point she's not 'how much does the food on your plate weigh?' and 'pour the candy out of the bag so you can actually see how much you're eating, it says 1/4 cup per serving'. I think she's finally accepted that this is me, and I am never going to look like her, not that she wanted me to anyway, she always commented me on having well developed legs instead of lanky toothpicks like other girls do.

And I have to go with W2L, I've tried to take the weight off, never succeeded much, and why kill yourself just to fit a smaller number? Hell, clothes aren't made to fit anyway, my mother got a pair of size 9 shorts in WOMEN, they just fit her, she wears between a 3 and 5, can we say mismarked as hell?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Wow wow wow... can't believe your dad's/granddad's attitudes! My mom was so small that she couldnt graduate with her Airforce class cause they didnt have a uniform for her.. she had to wait until they special ordered one. So i completely understand what you have gone thru with your mom. My sisters are from one father, and i am from another so we are shaped differently. All three sisters looked like barbie dolls with dark hair... and i was the fat one who had blonde hair and blue eyes. I totally stuck out from them. Today they are in their 50s and now i just tell them, "your skinny and im fat---but im still young and you're old!" lol

still cant over ur dad/gdad... thank god for chubby chasers, cause no man has ever treated me like that.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:26 pm

It's funny you say that about your sisters being from different fathers, mine are too, so the oldest is tall and thin, she's always been pretty, and the other is about my height and she's thin too, very good looking, then you get to me, all quite different as well, and I'm also the baby of the family.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:00 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

Kate Moss was actually the one who said that.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:21 am

I had first heard it on a skit from Mad TV, Nicole Sullivan played a woman who was a health nut and that was her motto and she was really wired like she was on crack or something. She went out to dinner with her husband and she's like she had 12 cups of coffee and chattering away dipping green beans like French fries, then she just loses it and tears into desserts with her bare hands and sums it up with 'honey, I think I ruined my diet'.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:35 am

its a very old quote... they even used it as a slogan in weight watchers in the 80s
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:11 am

wants2laugh wrote:its a very old quote... they even used it as a slogan in weight watchers in the 80s
    Advertising:
    'Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' B.%2BKliban%2B19

Besides, thin may be in but fat's where it's at. (I think that's even older than the Weight Watcher's one.)
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:35 am

If I need to be constantly hungry in order to be a toothpick, it won't feel very good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:52 am