Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?

Go down 
+5
wants2laugh
Hyacinth Girl
Bluesmama
CeCe
RedBedroom
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:07 am

wants2laugh wrote:
i had a friend in CT that i saw regularly and I once paid a fellow customer $5 to pump the gas for me! lol... then i did find a full service pump in CT too! so no more need for that when i would go there.

In my experience, full service pumps cost more than self service in those states that offer both. but NJ that is ONLY Full service, we have cheaper gas than the other self service states --- we have some pipeline and the refineries that cut the costs somehow

That helps but we also have one of the lowest state gas taxes in the country. BTW, if self-serve gas became legal here tomorrow, they wouldn't lower the price. They would raise the price of full-service. Just like they did for credit/debit payment. "Discount for cash" my ass! That's one reason I usually fill up at WaWa. One price for cash or credit and it's usually a few cents cheaper. Come to think of it, I object to the term "full service". That's a hold over from when attendants would clean your windshield, check your tires and radiator, etc. If someone did that today, I could see slipping them a buck. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?   Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:38 pm

I honestly don't know of any that aren't. About eleven or twelve years ago, I remember my cousin (who had just gotten his license) laughing about how when he was at a gas station, he filled up the tank without paying, and then drove off. I told him that he could have his licensed revoked doing that. But anyway, no, I don't know of any that aren't pre-pay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/

Are most of the gas stations in your area pre-pay?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2