CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Supernova
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Chris
8 posters

The 'Middle Class.' Does it still exist?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Middle Class.'  Does it still exist? Empty The 'Middle Class.' Does it still exist?

Post by Chris Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:47 am

In these economic times, do think that the demographic that we know as 'middle class' still exists as prominently as it did thirty years ago?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

The 'Middle Class.'  Does it still exist? Empty Re: The 'Middle Class.' Does it still exist?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:26 am

Definitely not as prominent. Definitely. The middle class has been sold out too many times.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

The 'Middle Class.'  Does it still exist? Empty Re: The 'Middle Class.' Does it still exist?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:27 am

Nystyle709 wrote:Definitely not as prominent. Definitely. The middle class has been sold out too many times.
    co-signs
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Yeah, we're the medium ground between poor and rich, though exactly how different the qualifications are now compared to 30 years ago I wouldn't know.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Used to be a slight difference between "middle" and "working" class but today not so much.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:54 pm

I was raised in a "middle class" 'burb comprised of "working class" families. IDK the difference. My dad worked in an office at the aircraft corp. My friends dad worked at the Ford assembly plant.

What was funny, after dropping out and doing the Hippie thing, found myself living in a rundown flat in the Filmore ghetto of SF, talking to other "middle class" heads about what it meant to be middle class.

"Class" could be a mind-set as much as economics.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:31 pm

While the gap between middle class and poor is closing very fast, the former definitely still exists. Truth be told, though, there is no hard and fast definition of 'middle class.' It largely is a self-defined label.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:55 am

Nystyle709 wrote:Definitely not as prominent. Definitely. The middle class has been sold out too many times.

Alan Smithee wrote:
    co-signs

By BOTH parties. Corporations have priority over the people & the politicians are padding their pockets with the money from them. I don't know if it's even possible for that to change. Not in our lifetime anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:34 am