CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
femme fatale
Hyacinth Girl
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
RobbieFTW
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Supernova
GrayWolf
CeCe
Chris
15 posters

18 Kids and Counting: Gil and Kelly Bates Say Their Family Is Praying for More Children

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

18 Kids and Counting: Gil and Kelly Bates Say Their Family Is Praying for More Children - Page 2 Empty Re: 18 Kids and Counting: Gil and Kelly Bates Say Their Family Is Praying for More Children

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:03 pm

femme fatale wrote:Those people are crazy as sin. How you gonna have 18 kids and then say you want more? It's like they are forming some sort of militia to further promote their antiquated ideas about life in general. With that many kids, some of them are bound to be neglected or ignored at a certain point because how can you see them all at once? You can't. Oh and yeah, that tunnel is a canyon now. Wouldn't surprise me if there may be 1 or 2 might be hiding out in there unaccounted for.

Well unless you got proof that they are neglected, your reasoning fails. I'd be willing to bet the average only child due to birth control is more emotionally neglected than any of these kids. And if their ideas were so antiquated, people wouldn't be so afraid of them.

I think people's own insecurities are revealed by this couple, and their own judgmental views. It's definitely very revealing as to how people REALLY think.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

18 Kids and Counting: Gil and Kelly Bates Say Their Family Is Praying for More Children - Page 2 Empty Re: 18 Kids and Counting: Gil and Kelly Bates Say Their Family Is Praying for More Children

Post by Impact Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:12 pm

That's just bygone religious folk for you. They think it's their duty to be fruitful and to multiply like rabbits. The more kids, the closer to God and all that jazz. That they don't have health insurance makes the story all the more disturbing.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:17 pm

"They are all so different," Kelly said. "No two are alike."

Like snowflakes!

Seriously these people should just have a huge tropical fish tank instead.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:29 pm

I think people are just upset that this couple smashes all of their silly stereotypical notions about having kids. big grin
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:07 pm

I don't understand. If she said they decided to let "God decide" how many kids they would have, then why is she having hormone therapy to conceive? If you can't carry a baby without it then "there's your sign". I'm surprised her uterus hasn't fallen out yet.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:30 pm

It is of no concern to me how many kids people have as long as they can afford them. Clearly this family can not afford having more because the ones they do have are not insured, and the parents are not paying privately.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:36 am

It's their business how many kids they want to have, but I don't envy them in any way shape or form, or think that their family is at all charming.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:24 am

CeCe wrote:

It wouldn't do any good anyway if she had. Every time I did it I got knocked up anyway.

The spermicidal jelly doesn't go on your toast. Wink
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:39 am

A woman's body isn't designed to pop out 18 children. I can't fathom being on your back for LI-TE-RAL-LY half of your damn life like this chick and Michele Duggar. But, whatever. That's their shit.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:24 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

The spermicidal jelly doesn't go on your toast. Wink

Damn...no wonder it tasted funny.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 5:31 pm