CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
CeCe
Nystyle709
Supernova
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
wants2laugh
10 posters

People at supermarkets!!!

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

People at supermarkets!!!  Empty People at supermarkets!!!

Post by wants2laugh Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:01 am

Did u ever notice that before every storm, blizzard, flood--- every supermarket is jammed packed with ignorant people who have no concern for others?? Where do they come from? Why are they not working? Why do they think that we are all going to die from one storm?

What i want to know is why they are buying food for the refrigerator that they think is going to lose power in the storm???

My mother is one of these "preparedness" people. She tells me to get the cat in the tub with his food/litter box in case of flood... have the flash lights/candles by the door for quick reach, and store bottled water as if the world is ending.

How many of you are like this? Even if i had done all this, my car/house would still be trashed! lol
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

People at supermarkets!!!  Empty Re: People at supermarkets!!!

Post by RedBedroom Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:46 pm

People want to be prepared. Around here before a snow storm, the stores are jam packed.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:44 pm

LOL. My wife told me that by the time she got to the store on her way home from work, the shelves were bare. We're as prepared as we can be.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:09 am

Last year on September 10th, my mom made up a whole list of medicine and stuff we'd need incase we got sick, we went out and got cough syrup, Kleenex, vicks rub, Chlorox wipes, antibacterial ointment, cough drops, sinus pills, Pepto Bismol, etc., figuring if we got anything that fall or that winter, we'd be ready...and instead we were all puking our guts up the next day, and sick for about a week to follow, so we were glad she had the insight to send us out the day before.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:43 am

Which is why I don't even bother. I got gas before I came home and I was surprised that most of the stations that I passed were empty or near empty. Tomorrow will prob. be pandemonium.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:20 am

wants2laugh wrote:Did u ever notice that before every storm, blizzard, flood--- every supermarket is jammed packed with ignorant people who have no concern for others?? Where do they come from? Why are they not working? Why do they think that we are all going to die from one storm?

What i want to know is why they are buying food for the refrigerator that they think is going to lose power in the storm???

My mother is one of these "preparedness" people. She tells me to get the cat in the tub with his food/litter box in case of flood... have the flash lights/candles by the door for quick reach, and store bottled water as if the world is ending.

How many of you are like this? Even if i had done all this, my car/house would still be trashed! lol

I live in an area where an inch of snow throws people into a panic. They act like they're going to be snowed in for a week. The stores are crowded, people are buying shopping carts of food & every shovel in town. Forget finding bread & milk. Not sure what these people plan to do with it. If I'm going to be "snowed in" I'm thinking coffee & donuts. But it goes to ridiculous extremes. It's like they're little Pavlov's dogs. They hear the word "snow" & think "must..buy..food..." Like you said if the power does blink they better be hungry because there goes the frozen & refrigerated food. Just the threat of snow turns people into survivalists. It's funny until you have to stand in line with them because you needed toilet paper.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:33 am

Where do you live, Cece? We're never fortunate enough to have a winter without snow, everybody's used to it, an inch is not going to panic anybody, but if we get six, and there's six more on the way, then yes it's time to go to the grocery store and make sure that we're not out of anything because good luck trying to drive through that then.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Supernova wrote:Where do you live, Cece? We're never fortunate enough to have a winter without snow, everybody's used to it, an inch is not going to panic anybody, but if we get six, and there's six more on the way, then yes it's time to go to the grocery store and make sure that we're not out of anything because good luck trying to drive through that then.

The south. By the time the snow is dusting the ground people are sliding off into ditches. It's ridiculous,especially considering how much ice we usually get in the winter. Had a hideous ice storm that pulled down trees & knocked power out all over town for a week in 2002. Haven't had one that bad since. But it seems like they would at least be a little used to it since we've gotten a lot of snow (for us) the last two years. But seriously the behavior of people around here at the sight of a snowflake is absurd.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:02 am

It's important to be stocked up on pop tarts and Doritos when Armageddon comes.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Chris wrote:It's important to be stocked up on pop tarts and Doritos when Armageddon comes.

Damn right People at supermarkets!!!  Th_HiveFiveSmiley
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:00 pm

People panic and the major source of the panic is the media.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 pm

I almost panicked before Irene, all I kept thinking was we didn't have any eggs. But then the logic did dawn on me that if I don't have power.....

We already had enough canned goods, cereal, and Pop-Tarts, so we were good just in case. Thank goodness we weren't hit that bad.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:29 am

An example of how people will wait until the very last minute to try and take care of essentials. The stores instigate it as well. When there's dangerous weather forecast, suddenly things go on sale.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:24 am