Setting a limit on # of kids Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Setting a limit on # of kids

Go down 
+2
Nystyle709
stonestatic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stonestatic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
stonestatic

Male
Rep : 24

Setting a limit on # of kids Empty
PostSubject: Setting a limit on # of kids   Setting a limit on # of kids EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:18 am

Months ago, I was having a conversation with my sister about overpopulation. I mentioned the limit China put on the number of kids a family could have. My sister was totally against the idea. The convo went like this:

Sister: That's not fair. The government can't control how many kids you have.
Me: But the world is overpopulated as it is. We're straining our resources.
Sister: We still should be able to have as many kids as we want.
Me: Everyone keeps thinking about themselves, individually. If 5,000 people think this way, we're going to have a problem. People wanna have more and more kids. It's either some of us or all of us.
Sister: If people can support their children, they should have as many as they want. I would have a 3rd child no matter what the government said.

I ended the convo because I felt it was a lost cost. They're so many people with my sister's mentality that they can't or don't care to see the bigger picture.

I honestly think setting a limit on the # of kids would benefit everyone. We're rapidly decreasing resources and space while increasing demand buy the truckloads.

This may come off as elitist or classist, but the poorer you are, the less amount of children you should be able to have. It makes no sense for someone on welfare or who's living paycheck to paycheck to have the number of kids rivaling a daycare. This would put less of a strain on government assistance and probably encourage those struggling to succeed.

I'd rather for this not to happen since it seems wrong, mega-drastic, and it puts WAY too much power into the government's hands, but when the people can't control themselves, who will?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Setting a limit on # of kids   Setting a limit on # of kids EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:07 am

That's a bit too intrusive. I see the benefits of it, but you really can't tell people how many children they should have. If people can't control themselves, it's not really up to the government to step in and do so. They are people too. It's like...."who the fuck are you?".

"The biggest man was once a baby at some point" Bob Marley
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Setting a limit on # of kids   Setting a limit on # of kids EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:11 am

Besides, it seems to me that the biggest overpopulation problems are in the third world countries where there's no birth control available and every man has 10 wives and 20 or 30 children, that's not us who average 2.5 kids in the household. Though we see these families on TV like the Duggars with 20 kids or so, I personally have never known any family that had more than four spread out through the years, of which we're that variety also.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Setting a limit on # of kids   Setting a limit on # of kids EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:37 pm

I think people should only have the kids they can afford but I have issues with government intrusion.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Setting a limit on # of kids   Setting a limit on # of kids EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:13 am

ITA with Cece.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Setting a limit on # of kids   Setting a limit on # of kids EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:13 pm

CeCe wrote:
I think people should only have the kids they can afford but I have issues with government intrusion.
co-signs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setting a limit on # of kids   Setting a limit on # of kids Empty

Back to top Go down

Setting a limit on # of kids
Page 1 of 1