CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Shale
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Nystyle709
wants2laugh
10 posters

Do you believe in aliens?

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Do you believe in aliens? Empty Do you believe in aliens?

Post by wants2laugh Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:58 pm

If so, do you believe they have visited earth? abducted people? Have you ever seen a UFO
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Do you believe in aliens? Empty Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:12 am

LOL. No. My aunt claimed she saw a UFO though.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:29 am

As a kid I didn't really believe it but now I wonder and it doesn't seem impossible, so I don't get people who say there is just us, if there is I agree with Ellen Degeneres that we're in a lot of trouble.

I hate that term because everybody hears UFOs and thinks aliens and then it goes into sensationalism, people seem to forget it stands for Unidentified Flying Object as in you don't know what it is and there could be a logical explanation for it; and in that regard yes I've seen a lot of weird lights flying through the sky that are not typical for planes or shooting stars or whatever...now if everybody called it spaceships like in the old movies, then I think people would have a good reason to take it with a grain of salt.

Have they visited Earth? I think they would've had to before, if ever there was anything on this planet they wanted, they would've had to have come long before because we sure don't have anything now they could be interested in. If they are out there, and they're not looking to kill us all or blow up the planet or whatever, I hope to meet one someday.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:36 am

Do I believe in aliens? Oh yes! Here's photographic proof of their arrival although as you can see, their craft isn't the saucer shape that many have claimed to see. This film has no sound, but the witness stated that they said, "Take us to your Home Depot."

funny gifs
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:05 am

Alan Smithee wrote:Do I believe in aliens? Oh yes! Here's photographic proof of their arrival although as you can see, their craft isn't the saucer shape that many have claimed to see. This film has no sound, but the witness stated that they said, "Take us to your Home Depot."

funny gifs

LMAO! They got a Benny Hill thing going on there.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:09 am

IDK but I suspect it is likely that there are other life forms in this vast cosmos. Some naysayers will point out the unlikely fact that they cannot reach us over the billions of miles between our nearest possible contacts.

But remember, 19th Century naysayers would have pointed out the IMPOSSIBILITY of getting from New York to San Francisco in a few hours. We may not know the extent of technology that is available in the universe.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:07 pm

LOL! Great clip Alan!

As for the original questions? Nope, nope and nope, though it depends on your definition. If by 'alien', you mean any life form then yes, I do think they exist - micro organisms, things like that but little green men form Mars? the aliens we see on TV and movies? Visiting earth and abducting people? I don't believe in that kind of alien. If they want to make an appearance and prove me wrong, I'll take it back but so far, I've seen nothing to support alien life, unless the definition is broadened to include any life form, no matter how small or invisble to the naked eye.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:43 pm

No. As interesting as it would be to discover life on other planets, I just don't think it exists; else after all these decades of space exploration, we would have found it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Chris wrote:No. As interesting as it would be to discover life on other planets, I just don't think it exists; else after all these decades of space exploration, we would have found it.

Would we? Would the government allow the men in the space program to report about something like that?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Chris wrote:No. As interesting as it would be to discover life on other planets, I just don't think it exists; else after all these decades of space exploration, we would have found it.

Sorry big guy. It's not as if we've scoured every nook and cranny of our solar system let alone our galaxy or the uncountable other galaxies and solar systems in the universe. But I'll acknowledge that it doesn't look good for other intelligent life in our little corner and I have some doubts about us sometimes too.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:08 pm

No I don't believe in it.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:16 pm

Supernova wrote:

Would we? Would the government allow the men in the space program to report about something like that?

good point.... and another good point made was that we don't know what is out there. If NOTHING was out there, why would we spend $$$$Billions every year on finding nothing?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:09 am

Nah. There's life out there. No way is does life only exist on this planet. The universe is too big....the number just doesn't allow it.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:10 am

1. Do I believe that alien beings exist somewhere else in the universe? Yes.

2. Do I believe that they are intellegent? Perhaps.

3. Do I believe that they've ever visited earth? No.

4. Do I believe in alien abductions? No.

5. Have I ever seen a UFO? Yes. But I'm sure it wasn't "aliens from outer space", it was just some shit I couldn't immediately identify.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:57 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Nah. There's life out there. No way is does life only exist on this planet. The universe is too big....the number just doesn't allow it.

That reminds me of something. I did not see the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still, but I was reading over some of the quotes and the mother keeps saying to Klaatu don't do this, you can't do this, etc., to which he keeps refusing to put a halt to the decision to kill off everybody...I think it would've been interesting if they'd upped it and given her a whole speech to him about 'you have no rights to this planet, if you want to annihilate the entire population and take it over for your own purposes, you'll have to take that up with a higher being since He was the one who decided we were fit enough to be put here in the first place, instead of you'. Just saying, that would've been a lot more interesting than just her begging him please don't do this over and over.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:46 pm