CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Aliens

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Aliens Empty Aliens

Post by Tony Marino Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Did you see it? Not the original Alien, the later one Aliens

Aliens Aliens%20poster%201
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Aliens Empty Re: Aliens

Post by Shale Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:09 pm

I think I saw it or one of the other sequels with Ripley. Forgetable as are most sequels. Whereas the original concept and movie were very engaging.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:25 pm

No, but I'm sure the original is better.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:42 am

Nystyle709 wrote:No, but I'm sure the original is better.

Not by much
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:12 pm

CHEAPS Haven't seen any of the Alien movies.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Cheaps wrote:CHEAPS Haven't seen any of the Alien movies.
    You haven't missed much in the sequels (as usual) but the original was quite original and still holds up today in the world of CGI magic.

Perhaps you had to have been there in 1979 to appreciate it for the first time on screen. Futuristic sci-fi in a space ship being run on auto by a computer wakes the crew up early to go on a rescue mission. Unlike a lot of previous futuristic sci-fi where the characters seem cardboard, this crew is bellyaching and bitchin about their contract. Sort of a union shop. So all of a sudden the future in deep space becomes the here and now. That little realism helped make it a scarier movie.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

The original was good but Aliens was much better. The sequels after that were not that great, matter of fact I think it was Aliens 4 that was actually the worst.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am

Tony Marino wrote:The original was good but Aliens was much better. The sequels after that were not that great, matter of fact I think it was Aliens 4 that was actually the worst.

Sorry, Tony but I have to disagree about Aliens being the better of the two. But yeah, they probably should have stopped there.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:01 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

Sorry, Tony but I have to disagree about Aliens being the better of the two. But yeah, they probably should have stopped there.

I thought the first one was good and it was largely based on the B movie "It the terror from beyond space" but the second one really went into more depth don't you think so?

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:49 am

Not really because the first one had that element of surprise. It was our first encounter with The Alien so we had no idea of what to expect. For me anyway. As far Alien being "based" on "It...", the producers of the latter did contemplate suing but never did. The producers of the former, however had it summarized to them by the people who read scripts for them as "It's like Jaws, but in space."
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Not really because the first one had that element of surprise. It was our first encounter with The Alien so we had no idea of what to expect. For me anyway. As far Alien being "based" on "It...", the producers of the latter did contemplate suing but never did. The producers of the former, however had it summarized to them by the people who read scripts for them as "It's like Jaws, but in space."

yeah the Alien was a surprise but I still think Aliens took it further. There were surprises in Aliens, did you ever expect to meet Mama Alien? I knew exactly how they were going to kill off the Alien in the first movie since it was the exact same way they killed off the Alien in "It"
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

yeah the Alien was a surprise but I still think Aliens took it further. There were surprises in Aliens, did you ever expect to meet Mama Alien? I knew exactly how they were going to kill off the Alien in the first movie since it was the exact same way they killed off the Alien in "It"

Mmm, sorry, I still can't make that purchase. For example, the mother Alien was no where near the surprise as the "birth" of the Alien in the first one. In fact, none of the actors (except for John Hurt) knew exactly what was going to happen in that scene either. By Aliens, everyone knew about the acid blood, the creaures extendable jaws, etc. Also, I think Alien was more of a horror movie while Aliens is more of an action movie.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Mmm, sorry, I still can't make that purchase. For example, the mother Alien was no where near the surprise as the "birth" of the Alien in the first one. In fact, none of the actors (except for John Hurt) knew exactly what was going to happen in that scene either. By Aliens, everyone knew about the acid blood, the creaures extendable jaws, etc. Also, I think Alien was more of a horror movie while Aliens is more of an action movie.

To me they were both Horror and Action. Ripley really ripped it up in Aliens, Sigourney Weaver was just fantastic. If you recall though no one believed her about the creatures until they got there and saw for themselves.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:05 am