CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Does anyone else get treated as the "electronics" guru of their family?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Does anyone else get treated as the "electronics" guru of their family? Empty Does anyone else get treated as the "electronics" guru of their family?

Post by Marc™ Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Every time somebody in my family can't work a TV, cellphone, computer, DVD player, etc., they call me like I know. I don't know how to work the damn thing. Call the company. Just because I was able to hook up a VCR when I was nine doesn't mean that I'm licensed and bonded in the area of electronics.
    JDsmagik
    JDsmagik
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 1

Does anyone else get treated as the "electronics" guru of their family? Empty Re: Does anyone else get treated as the "electronics" guru of their family?

Post by JDsmagik Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:32 pm

Does anyone else get treated as the "electronics" guru of their family? 978355 I know the feeling. I have a great aunt in her late 80s who always asks me, "What's this Internet everybody keeps talking about?"
    My response, It's like typing on tv with a party line phone.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Does anyone else get treated as the "electronics" guru of their family? Empty Re: Does anyone else get treated as the "electronics" guru of their family?

Post by Chris Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:38 am

Older people think that because you're young, you're up on all the latest technology and get how things operate. My mom does that to me too. She will call me when the TV has no volume. "What did you do?" I turned it off and turned it back on.

Viola. Sound.

Gas money, please.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:03 am

My sisters are totally useless when it comes to electronics. I have had to program their VCR's, hook them up, they don't even know how to fix the blinking clock. READ THE MANUAL!!!!!!!!!! Thats how I learned.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:23 pm

YES! LOL, my aunts are pretty old fashioned, I remember visiting the fam down south and one had just bought a computer. She was trying to run me down the whole damn time I was there trying to get me to hook up her computer. And then someone fucked something up on it and I was planning to leave to go back home that day and she damn near broke her neck trying to get me to come out and fix it before I left. I'm like "damn, what the hell would you do if I wasn't here? Call a professional". And then another was like, she's going to get a comp but she's going to wait until I visit again to get buy it so I can hook it up. I'm like, "ya'll crazy".
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:YES! LOL, my aunts are pretty old fashioned, I remember visiting the fam down south and one had just bought a computer. She was trying to run me down the whole damn time I was there trying to get me to hook up her computer. And then someone fucked something up on it and I was planning to leave to go back home that day and she damn near broke her neck trying to get me to come out and fix it before I left. I'm like "damn, what the hell would you do if I wasn't here? Call a professional". And then another was like, she's going to get a comp but she's going to wait until I visit again to get buy it so I can hook it up. I'm like, "ya'll crazy".

Well guess she isn't getting a computer anytime soon then.

Last edited by Tony Marino on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Far as computers go, my 60-something y/o aunt doesn't even know her AOL password. My cousin (her son) set up everything: the computer, her AOL account, etc., etc. She had logging in trouble, and I ask her what her password is..."I don't know."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:22 am