CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
CeCe
RedBedroom
7 posters

Just so you all know....I am someone important and should be treated with kid gloves....

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Rant Just so you all know....I am someone important and should be treated with kid gloves....

Post by RedBedroom Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:27 am

....Or so I've heard.

I think you all know I love motocross. My son races. He is really talented. Not because he is gifted....he works for every fast lap. I do not make my income from moto but I have been paid to consult at moto tracks. ((but only at a couple...the rest were volunteer efforts to better the sport))

Well a local competitor who is a very cool kid has shitty parents. It was just brought to my attention that as they are sending out their son's rider resume to local sponsors, they are trashing me in their cover letter.

They are saying I think I am someone special and do not let spectators near my son and that if I am not treated with "kid gloves" I become "unmanageable."

I am literally so pissed right now, I was in tears before I decided to vent here. First of all, who sends a rider resume trashing the top rider's family in the class? It wasn't written as, "redbedboom is this and that..." She named my son and said, "While [her son's name] enjoys racing the best in his class we are nervous to meet up with [red's son] because [red] thinks she is someone important in the sport and makes a fuss most of the time. She must be treated with kid gloves or she causes a scene at any track they visit."

I have never caused a scene nor would I. That is not me at all. You all have no reason to believe me, but I wouldn't post about this if I wasn't so upset by it.

I have NEVER been a snoot to anyone. In fact, at one race I struck up a conversation with a spectator and found out she was seeking a bike for her son. I told the lady to walk with me to my race pit to have her son sit on my son's bike. She said, after we got to our pits, "Uh, he can't sit on that bike." I asked why not, thinking she maybe thought it had hot spots from the race. She said,"That was the winning bike, he can't sit on that." That was so funny to me.

That is exactly how I have always been and to be run down the river by this ass hat of a lady makes me ill. I am a very good person and do not deserve this type of b.s., even if our sponsors take it with a grain of salt.

Plus at our amateur level, sponsors are not so lucrative we all need to act a fool. We get what we get and pray for better to race another season.

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Rant Re: Just so you all know....I am someone important and should be treated with kid gloves....

Post by CeCe Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:29 am

That's just crazy. And of course we believe you Red big hugz I know I would never believe what these people are saying & I'm sure people who know you personally know these people are asses. I have no idea how this thing works. Is there anyone within the organization you can go to? Some kind of governing body?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Rant Re: Just so you all know....I am someone important and should be treated with kid gloves....

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:06 am

big hugz I'm so sorry Hon. I'd probably contact them to praise their son for being cool dispite the handicap of parents like them.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:07 am

I'm not even sure what the word that can describe those idiots is.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:33 am

Thanks guys. It is nice to hear kind words about all this. This whole deal has now kinda snowballed. It is snowballing in my favor because people know me, but I am still upset because the kids of this other family (two other boys race in that family other than the one that races against my son) are at risk of losing rider support. And the oldest shows total promise.

There is nobody to contact less the companies sponsoring. I can't do that as that would maybe make me look like the diva they are painting me out to be. All these sponsorships are national. So the companies giving money and parts and gear are not about to decipher "mom/chick fights."

Ironically, I was totally fearing running into them this weekend at Lucas Oil Stadium for the pro moto event....we saw them in the downtown before the race...screw my luck. I was kinda proud of my passive self....

The mom acted so happy to see me and when she reached out to hug me I backed off and said, ( and I know I should have been more tactful) "Before we bump uglies, shouldn't I know how you are going to spin it?" That deer in headlights did not know what to say but only asked, "How was your Christmas?"

I am still upset about my name being run through the mud, but at the pro event and today we have had all of our sponsorships renew. Her tactic did not work. And at the end of the day...it all equates to not enough to pay the full race season bill. So, for a non-moto person to understand it, I will equate it to this: she was fighting to get our 75% discount while she had a 50% discount. She is left with a 25% discount while we maintained our 75%.

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:53 am

RedBedroom wrote:...So, for a non-moto person to understand it, I will equate it to this: she was fighting to get our 75% discount while she had a 50% discount. She is left with a 25% discount while we maintained our 75%.

You mean like 'Instant Karma'
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:12 am

Yeah, Shale. Hard to be stoked about it, as her sons are on the losing end...but yeah, Karma sucks for her. I had two national reps we met with in Indy saying she has a bad rap and her words meant nothing.

Here we sit on the cusp of the 2012 season looking like we won't surpass 75%, so I can't celebrate too much. But 100 percent would most likely equate to my son not living with us for the season, so I secretly hope that never happens. His dad and he wish otherwise.

So, while we are not boasting a full ride, I am cool with staying in the region. It costs us so much more to keep him on the bike without a full ride, but staying local keeps it so much cheaper as he is totally backed around here.

In a perfect world, he would just play his trumpet and stay off the bike..

Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:48 am

Glad to hear it didn't work out in her favor, and it worked out in yours!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 pm

CeCe wrote:That's just crazy. And of course we believe you Red big hugz I know I would never believe what these people are saying & I'm sure people who know you personally know these people are asses. I have no idea how this thing works. Is there anyone within the organization you can go to? Some kind of governing body?

co-signs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:24 am