CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Chris
7 posters

Rude cashiers and sales people.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Rude cashiers and sales people. Empty Rude cashiers and sales people.

Post by Chris Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:04 pm

Have you had any memorable encounters with a cashier who was rude, or short-tempered? If so, how did the situation play out? Were you rude back, or did you just ignore it?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Rude cashiers and sales people. Empty Re: Rude cashiers and sales people.

Post by CeCe Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:04 pm

As you give so shall you receive big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:10 pm

One of the clerks at the 7-11 I buy the paper at most mornings isn't exactly rude. He just doesn't smile or say anything. I figure it's:

A. He was a doctor or physics professor, etc., in his native land and working in a convenience store is the only job he could get in this country.
    B. He's a terrorist who can just barely conceal his disgust for me and my country.
    C. He's just a sullen asshole.
    D. All of the above.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:51 am

ALL THE TIME. A lot of people, especially out-of-towners, have noted that customer service around here is non-existent.

Most memorable goes to the bitch working at Victoria's Secret some odd years ago....it was before the economic downturn so I'm sure she was pissed because she was 40 working a cash register at Victoria's Secret. Sure, I was returning a bag full of items worth almost $100 (sales binge), but not only did this bitch accuse me of STEALING everything (with a receipt), she also refused to call the customer service line to verify that it was paid for on my store card (as the receipt indicated), nor did she let me use the store phone to call for myself! Normally I just act towards them how they act towards me, but this was the one time where I had to curse someone out to make them do their job properly!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:41 am

CeCe wrote:As you give so shall you receive Rude cashiers and sales people. 273237

For the most part. I've ignored rude cashiers before, but that usually was because I was in a hurry and didn't have the time.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Sure most of the time I just ignore them.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:02 pm

I have a theory that for the most part, the cashiers and other customer service people who are the most happy in their jobs treat their customers the nicest. Those employees who are treated badly may take it out on their customers.

I have shopped in stores where the employers notoriously treat their help badly and I think this reflects the way the employees treat their customers. The happiest employees treat their customers well and have a good attitude.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:56 am

Minerva wrote:I have a theory that for the most part, the cashiers and other customer service people who are the most happy in their jobs treat their customers the nicest. Those employees who are treated badly may take it out on their customers.

I have shopped in stores where the employers notoriously treat their help badly and I think this reflects the way the employees treat their customers. The happiest employees treat their customers well and have a good attitude.

I agree. Even if I had a BS job, if I was happy with my boss I was a happier employee, and therefore able to give my best work. I change bosses about once a year at my job, and my best year was with a boss who treated us with respect and made our group like family. Meanwhile, my other bosses would have been lucky to get spit out of me if they were on fire, and my performance showed that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:25 pm