CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Tony Marino
Supernova
Hyacinth Girl
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Chris
10 posters

Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. Empty Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.

Post by Chris Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:41 am

Have you ever put off seeing a physician for fear that they may find something wrong with you?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. Empty Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:27 am

Nah. That's dumb. You would WANT to know what's wrong with you.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. Empty Re: Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find.

Post by Cheaps Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:41 am

Nope
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 am

My husband is like that--he hasn't been to the doctor in literally years, yet he'll whine like a child whenever he gets the flu, or he'll tell me in the morning when he's having chest pain in the middle of the night, and how he almost woke me up, etc.

What the hell am I supposed to do with that when he won't go get checked out?? I don't have my magic Harry Potter wand, so I can't fix it, so I just tell him "That's nice, dear--your life insurance policy is all paid up in case you kick off."

Then he'll give me the "Ha-ha very funny" look, then I'll say "Well, if you don't want to go to the doctor, stop complaining and don't stick it all on me. Be a big boy already."

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:08 am

Once, with the dentist.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Nope.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:My husband is like that--he hasn't been to the doctor in literally years, yet he'll whine like a child whenever he gets the flu, or he'll tell me in the morning when he's having chest pain in the middle of the night, and how he almost woke me up, etc.

What the hell am I supposed to do with that when he won't go get checked out?? I don't have my magic Harry Potter wand, so I can't fix it, so I just tell him "That's nice, dear--your life insurance policy is all paid up in case you kick off."

Then he'll give me the "Ha-ha very funny" look, then I'll say "Well, if you don't want to go to the doctor, stop complaining and don't stick it all on me. Be a big boy already."

Send him one of these
    Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. E05ddf60574606562061562fec498be1
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:00 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Send him one of these
    Refusing to see a doctor because of what they might find. E05ddf60574606562061562fec498be1

HAHAHAHA! I'll have to right-click/save that one for future use! big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:01 pm

And yeah, sticking your head in the sand is a very stupid thing to do. Even if you feel fine you should still get your BP and cholesterol checked regularly. Blood sugar too.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:02 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

HAHAHAHA! I'll have to right-click/save that one for future use! big grin

I wish I could give credit to the member who posted it and others a couple of weeks ago.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:And yeah, sticking your head in the sand is a very stupid thing to do. Even if you feel fine you should still get your BP and cholesterol checked regularly. Blood sugar too.

And you'd think the husband would take advantage of that being another free service I offer, in addition to sex, since I'm a lab tech and can do the testing myself, but nope--rose colored glasses and the ostrich approach suits him just fine!
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:My husband is like that--he hasn't been to the doctor in literally years, yet he'll whine like a child whenever he gets the flu, or he'll tell me in the morning when he's having chest pain in the middle of the night, and how he almost woke me up, etc.

ARE WE MARRIED TO THE SAME MAN???? Hell, I can't even get mine to see the dentist for his semi-annual cleanings.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:52 pm

I go to the doctor whenever something feels wrong and I can't diagnose it with a Merck manual or Web.

(Usually the doc is my second opinion and I'm pretty good figuring what is wrong) But unless something is amiss I don't go to the doctor very often.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:59 pm

A cousin of mine is like that. He hasn't been to the doctor in over 10 years, and has a job, but refuses to get insurance. He's doctor/hospital-phobic and thinks no news is good news.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Opa Shale wrote:I go to the doctor whenever something feels wrong and I can't diagnose it with a Merck manual or Web.

(Usually the doc is my second opinion and I'm pretty good figuring what is wrong) But unless something is amiss I don't go to the doctor very often.

I can relate to this.

When I saw my doctor at age 43 with fears of a cardiac concern, he refused to get me tested. I was right. (Actually, the symptoms were a no-brainer ~ I was simply too young and fit.)

When I saw my (current) doctor several years later, I gave him the stink eye and told him that I must have my gall-bladder tested ~ did not give him a choice. He gave me a dubious look but went along with it, and was surprised that I was right. (But, then, I never addressed that suspicion with him before.)

When my husband experienced terrible unexplainable back pain, I had this feeling it was his gall-bladder but the ER staff poo-poo'd me. Sure 'nuff, it was his gall-bladder.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Remember Warren Zevon? "Ahhwooooo... Werewolves of London, Ahwooooo"? He avoided doctors for years. Finally his dentist said he needed to have that persistant cough checked. Turned out it was inoperable peritoneal mesothelioma.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Bluesmama wrote: ...
    When I saw my doctor at age 43 with fears of a cardiac concern, he refused to get me tested. I was right. (Actually, the symptoms were a no-brainer ~ I was simply too young and fit.) ...

This was sooo common until a few years ago, when it became known that women too were susceptible to heart attack. Most were dismissed before that because they did not fith the 'normal' demographic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:49 am