CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Chris
Nhaiyel
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
wants2laugh
CeCe
Supernova
RedBedroom
Bluesmama
13 posters

Christmas Trees

Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Christmas Trees Empty Christmas Trees

Post by Bluesmama Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Who put up a tree this year? And what does yours look like? Or did you do something different?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Christmas Trees Empty Re: Christmas Trees

Post by RedBedroom Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:48 pm

If I did not have a son, I would not have a tree. I don't want to put one up but that is what we are going to do tonight. He really loves it. When I live alone, I am going to have a small tree with white lights and poinsettias tied to it. I love that look.

My son is going to grow up to be one of those people who has the most lights on the block. He absolutely loves Christmas lights.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:26 pm

We got one from a tree farm for the first time, instead of from the grocery store sidewalk...and it is beautiful, we put on big and small lights, silver garland, a big paper chain, popcorn strings, assorted ornament balls and bells, some homemade ornaments with our pictures on them from 20 years ago, a ton of icicles and a big multicolored star on top. It's tradition.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Ours is a noble, with blue and white snowflake flashing lights, white garland, and numerous varied balls and ornaments. The topper is a flashing star. I added curled ribbon to a few limbs here 'n' there for extra effect, as well as white an red fake flowers and candy canes. A few Mardi Beads were added for extra color. It's quite a colorful tree.

On the sideboard is a small fake tree with fiber-optics lights. I added small ornaments to it to look better during the day.

I also decorated the one at work. That one is a fake, real dark green, with dark blue garland, white flowers, various large gift bows, candy canes, and red bows. It's a rather "dark tree" but pretty. Assorted color lights.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Yeah we put one up. Picked it up from the lot around the first of the month since they seem to pack up & leave earlier every year. It's basic. Lights & ornaments.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Bluesmama wrote:Ours is a noble, with blue and white snowflake flashing lights, white garland, and numerous varied balls and ornaments. The topper is a flashing star. I added curled ribbon to a few limbs here 'n' there for extra effect, as well as white an red fake flowers and candy canes. A few Mardi Beads were added for extra color. It's quite a colorful tree.

On the sideboard is a small fake tree with fiber-optics lights. I added small ornaments to it to look better during the day.

I also decorated the one at work. That one is a fake, real dark green, with dark blue garland, white flowers, various large gift bows, candy canes, and red bows. It's a rather "dark tree" but pretty. Assorted color lights.

The trees you did sound really nice. I love bows on a tree.

I lucked out and my son went to sleep over by a friend's so I get to wait until tomorrow to put ours up! Yeah!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:16 am

I bought a new one this year.. from kmart. it is prelit in 3 easy assemble parts.

I put frosted white, silver, and ice blue balls, garland, and bows with some clear icicles and snowflakes... very pretty.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:03 am

I decided to go smaller this year, I bought a 4 footer, very full artificial tree. It is pre-lit and I have it decorated in different color glitter balls and bows and different ornaments that were given to me by people over the years.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:37 am

My friend last night was getting excited talking about her putting up her Christmas tree today. I was going to help her, but I went home instead.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:44 am

I live alone, so it was up to me to put it up this year. It looks pretty snazzy if I do say so myself.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:43 pm

I brought it out the basement and it sat in my living room for two days, until finally my daughter and sister helped me decorate it.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:03 pm

wants2laugh wrote:I bought a new one this year.. from kmart. it is prelit in 3 easy assemble parts.

I put frosted white, silver, and ice blue balls, garland, and bows with some clear icicles and snowflakes... very pretty.

That's the kind of artificial tree to have. The one I put together at work is one of those older ones where you have to assemble all the limbs by color code, and it was such a pain in the ass that I went into laughing fits. Some of the limbs are misplaced because the color on the dots were not visible, but it does give it a natural look.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:47 pm

We bought a new one at Walmart this year, its a little fake 4 footer sits on an end table. We simply do not have room for a large tree and there are only the 2 of us , our son lives not too far from us so he is here for Xmas eve and Xmas day. He is alone so he doesn't bother with a tree either. We had a beautiful big 7 footer and all the trimmings that we gave away when we moved here. Then we bought a little tree that he liked for a few years gave that one away too this year.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:57 pm

I don't do Xmas trees, but when I was doing fotos of South Florida in the '80s I came across one in Coral Gables made out of live Poinsetias.

Christmas Trees 1989_x10
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:42 pm

Shale wrote:I don't do Xmas trees, but when I was doing fotos of South Florida in the '80s I came across one in Coral Gables made out of live Poinsetias.

Christmas Trees 1989_x10

That is a stunning tree!
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:17 am

This year we put up two trees, since my daughter wanted a bigger one. We bought an artificial one that we've been decorating in all vintage ornaments--some that belonged to my mother in law, some I bought at antique stores, and some yet to arrive in the mail because I just won a few auctions on Ebay this weekend for them.

Our old tree, we've had for 21 years and we put that one downstairs in the family room:

Christmas Trees Christmastrees002

Here's the new tree, which is upstairs in the living room:
    Christmas Trees Christmastrees
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Shale wrote:I don't do Xmas trees, but when I was doing fotos of South Florida in the '80s I came across one in Coral Gables made out of live Poinsetias.

For some reason the picture didn't pop up in my home computer, but it did here at work. Very, very beautiful!!!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:04 pm

My ma put hers up, my roommates haven't.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:24 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:This year we put up two trees, since my daughter wanted a bigger one. We bought an artificial one that we've been decorating in all vintage ornaments--some that belonged to my mother in law, some I bought at antique stores, and some yet to arrive in the mail because I just won a few auctions on Ebay this weekend for them.

Our old tree, we've had for 21 years and we put that one downstairs in the family room:

Here's the new tree, which is upstairs in the living room:

Gorgeous! I really, really like the new tree. I love white garland on trees; it seems to give it a snowy effect without the flock.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:32 pm