CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Would you have a problem with this?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Would you have a problem with this? Empty Would you have a problem with this?

Post by Supernova Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:19 pm

My last post in the 'man arrested for paying in pennies' thread, replying to a teacher who read the student's most personal thoughts out loud in class, got me to thinking about something else.

You're probably familiar with my comments about that little nightmare neighbor boy who used to live across from us...when he was 10, and they went back to school after summer vacation, first week they didn't do anything in school, just 'learning about the virtues', what the hell? But I digress, next week all the students in one class had to write a composition explaining 'if your mother was a flavor, what would she taste like and what smell would she have?' At 11 I thought that was perverted as hell, and I still think it is, does anyone else? If my child brought home that report to do, I'd be going down there demanding to know 'what the HELL is going on around here?'
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Would you have a problem with this? Empty Re: Would you have a problem with this?

Post by Bluesmama Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:51 pm

In "my time" that wouldn't have raised eyebrows because not everything had to have sexual innuendos. Today, well. . . Any teacher assigning that to pre-teens probably reads a LOT of interesting stuff! Shocked
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Would you have a problem with this? Empty Re: Would you have a problem with this?

Post by Shale Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Even with my history of poetic prose, metaphor, allegory and such I never can answer those kind of totally abstract questions. (Only once did I smell colors and taste texture - and I was tripping on acid when that made sense) I think that type of question can only confuse a kid.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:25 pm

That is a really lame assignment. And very strange no matter what the intent. I have to say it would be interesting to know what the kids came up with!
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:53 am

It's kinda odd.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:36 pm