CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
Shale
femme fatale
7 posters

Your Mother telling people your business

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Your Mother telling people your business Empty Your Mother telling people your business

Post by femme fatale Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:26 am

Does anyone else have a Mother like this?

I received some really good news earlier this week and only shared it with her and told her to keep it quiet.

Anyway, my Mother went to have tea with the Mother of a very good friend of mine and all of a sudden I get a text congratulating me on this good news from my friend.

I'm a very private person and don't feel the need to share news (bad or good) with everyone. I'd have told my friend the news eventually, but just not now.

Does anyone else have a Mother that can't keep her mouth shut? I know "she's excited" (as she put it,) but not everyone wishes you well... even your friends.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Your Mother telling people your business Empty Re: Your Mother telling people your business

Post by Shale Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:55 am

Well, she is YOUR mom, you should know. Now you know so don't tell her any more secrets.

My mother would have been too embarrassed to tell anyone what I had been up to.

"Oh, my son has been living with a man for years now. But they have stopped doing drugs."
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Your Mother telling people your business Empty Re: Your Mother telling people your business

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:02 am

My mother isn't a good example but to answer the question, no, I don't really have any blabber mouths in my family. If I did know someone couldn't keep a secret I just wouldn't tell them. I understand how you feel, femme fatale but sometimes a parent's pride in their children cloud their judgement. I hope this doesn't harm the relationship you have with your mom. And congratulations on your good news whatever it is.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:19 am

Alan Smithee wrote:...And congratulations on your good news whatever it is.

Oh her mom sent me a PM. I'll forward it to you.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:28 am

Thanks! It saves me a phone call.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:02 am

No. My mother gossips about as much as any woman, but if I tell her something and make it clear that I don't want anyone to know, then she won't say anything.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:58 am

My mama's good on keeping quiet when asked to.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Mom was always good about keeping quiet. She actually wouldn't even give out my phone number if someone called for it.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 am

She used to blurt things out I woulda rather she didnt, but the older i get the less she does it. One thing she does tell other people that friggin drives me nuts is when i quit or lose a job or start a new one. Aunts & uncles & cousins will give her job recommendations to tell me. . . and i'm like WHEN did I tell them i was out of a job??? Or i'll see them and they ask how my new job is coming. 'cuse me???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:31 am