Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you

Go down 
+8
Cheaps
captainbryce
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
wants2laugh
Shale
Tony Marino
Chris
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you Empty
PostSubject: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Has anyone ever personally come out to you? If so, how did you react? Surprised or not really?
Have you ever asked someone, point blank, if they were gay?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Chris wrote:
Has anyone ever personally come out to you? If so, how did you react? Surprised or not really?
Have you ever asked someone, point blank, if they were gay?

Yeah a cousin of mine came out to me and tried to be friendly with me but he is so fucking weird, selfish, sneaky and bizarre that I keep my distance as much as I can. Always wants to know your business because he is an extremely jealous person.

Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:15 pm

I've never asked, tho I have a nephew that fits the gay male profile.

I have had a friend come out to me when she was exploring her bi side because I have always been quite open with mine. She needed some support with a new direction in her life.

Also, family members have let me know they were gay - but I think the rest of the family is also aware of it. I think every 'out' gay person contributes to the normalcy of the orientation and have been quite open about my bisexuality for decades.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:31 pm

when i was a teenager i had a bf who i thought was gay... i even de-virginized him. he was sooo offended when i point blank asked him if he was gay that we had a fight never to speak again. Fast forward 20yrs and we hooked up on FB, only to have him tell me that he appreciated me being up front with him back then. Up until that point, he thought something was wrong with him..but didnt know what. he never actually questioned his sexuality before.. he thought it was more of a mental problem thing and really affected his self esteem. A couple years later, after self discovery, he came out to his very shocked family. but apparently he looked back on me fondly for helping him to find himself.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:52 pm

No one has ever 'come out' to me and the people whom I suspect were gay didn't have to.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:30 pm

To the family in general but not to me personally.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:35 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:31 am

Yes, an old friend of mine. I was a bit surprised since I had seen her with boyfriends. No, I've never asked anyone straight out if they were gay.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:09 am

My niece, and she was around 40 when she told me that she'd come "out of the closet". She's actually bisexual.

But she spent most of her adult years in women's prisons, and I think she simply adapted to her. . . uh. . . limited options for sex. She's my favorite niece ~ I just wish she'd made wiser choices in her life.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:47 pm

my nephew actually asked me if i was gay cause he never saw me with men other than with my ex husband... and he said my blue mustang was a "lezbo" car... whatever that means..

i never bring men to my family for two reasons... 1. my family is nutz and 2. they are too damn intrusive with some aspects of my life
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Ooh! I want a Lezbo Car!

Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you Mb_blu10
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Bluesmama wrote:
My niece, and she was around 40 when she told me that she'd come "out of the closet". She's actually bisexual.

But she spent most of her adult years in women's prisons, and I think she simply adapted to her. . . uh. . . limited options for sex. She's my favorite niece ~ I just wish she'd made wiser choices in her life.

I know someone who is EXACTLY like that. She did a 18 year bid in jail....been there since she was like 19....came out and was all about her girlfriend, who was a butch lesbian. She even remarked about how she couldn't stand to be "penetrated." Well, since being out....some a year or two goes by and now she has a boyfriend. I NEVER see her girlfriend or any woman anymore and all the people I've seen her with are dudes. Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you 2517814472 Guess is happens.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:27 pm

No not to me personally and I haven't asked anyone either. If it's common knowledge, then I just go along with it. Not really a topic of discussion round these parts.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Shale wrote:
Ooh! I want a Lezbo Car!

Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you Mb_blu10

I thought that was a Dodge Neon thinking At least that's what I was told Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Nothing dramatic or one of those sit down "I have something to tell you..." ** exhale ** "...I'm gay." situations. I've known a few gay people and it was just a matter of fact thing about them that was casually revealed after I met them, or maybe it was always kind of obvious so no discussion was required.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:03 pm

There are people I suspect are gay.
Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:52 pm

A boyfriend did once. I was pretty surprised. Especially when I discovered other friends who had known him for a longer time had already known and were waiting for him to tell me.

Other friends but then I kinda already knew.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you   Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you Empty

Back to top Go down

Has a family member or a friend ever 'come out' to you
Page 1 of 1