CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Suzi
Chris
Nystyle709
captainbryce
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Marc™
11 posters

Democratic and Republican Conventions

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Democratic and Republican Conventions Empty Democratic and Republican Conventions

Post by Marc™ Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:14 am

Have you been watching the democratic and republican national conventions? Gotta say that the democratic convention was a lot better, and I'm not even saying that as a democrat. They just had their bases covered better and had better speakers.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Democratic and Republican Conventions Empty Re: Democratic and Republican Conventions

Post by CeCe Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:21 am

The DNC was much better. And I say that not just from a political perspective. The RNC was dull, boring, & a little wacky at times. I mean when that little hillbilly kid beats you in the ratings...

Gotta say Michelle & Clinton killed it. I don't normally sit down & listen to speeches in their entirety more than once. But I have gone back to listen to both of theirs again.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Democratic and Republican Conventions Empty Re: Democratic and Republican Conventions

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:51 am

GOP Convention was better. And I'm not even saying that as a Republican. They were more honest and had better speakers. They had more meat. It was just a plain better organized convention.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:32 am

BORING....
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:02 am

I haven't watched much of either. I already know who I'm going to vote for anyway.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:02 am

I barely paid attention to the RNC, but from what I hear it was a dud that not only conspicuously left out some noted Republicans (like Bush -- the last republican president), but it also failed to unite the party on a polling level.

My wife and I have been watching the DNC all week, and I haven't been disappointed by any of it. Everyone who was supposed to be there was, the speeches have been all on point, and Obama's charisma as a public speaker was through the roof.

Now I'm looking forward to the debates.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:26 am

Watched some of the democratic convention and I have to say Bill Clinton knocked it out of the ball park, simply the best speech of any one I have heard in years. If Obama wins he will owe Clinton big time!

I hear that Michelle also gave a fine speech and I am sorry I missed it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:29 am

I was very impressed with Clinton's speech and Michelle Obama's speech.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:32 am

Tony Marino wrote:I was very impressed with Clinton's speech and Michelle Obama's speech.

They were amazing.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:37 am

Suzi wrote:Watched some of the democratic convention and I have to say Bill Clinton knocked it out of the ball park, simply the best speech of any one I have heard in years. If Obama wins he will owe Clinton big time!

I hear that Michelle also gave a fine speech and I am sorry I missed it.

Here it is in its entirety including the wonderful introduction.

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I haven't watched much of either. I already know who I'm going to vote for anyway.

Basically. I don't need to bother with any of that because my mind was already made up before all this campaign mess started.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:54 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I haven't watched much of either. I already know who I'm going to vote for anyway.

yeah that…
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:13 pm

I don't bother to watch conventions past the first five minutes. Nothing's more insipid than politicians pandering to their base. Voting for Obama, I don't need to hear him preach.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Just out of morbid curiosity, I checked out a few speeches from both sides. I totally agree with Suzie about Bill Clinton but the thing that stood out to me was the make up of the audiences. I can't remember who said it but it looked true to me. The people at the Democratic convention looked like a cross section of America. It looked like everyone was represented, all ages and colors while the Republican convention looked like an episode of Antiques Road Show.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Chris wrote:I barely paid attention to the RNC, but from what I hear it was a dud that not only conspicuously left out some noted Republicans (like Bush -- the last republican president), but it also failed to unite the party on a polling level.

The irony is that every Republican I know is saying what a mess the DNC was and how great the RNC was. I saw the RNC and I can't say I see anybody who feels that it was a dud. It was anything but, IMO. (And in the opinion of anybody who wasn't already voting for Obama anyway. Funny how conventions are so well-liked by their base and disliked by their opponents. lol)

I saw the RNC all week and wasn't really disappointed by any speech. One early one was bland but I didn't know who the heck they were and they got off the stage quickly enough to bring the good people on. And I think it united the party as much as the Crats are united. lol The RPers have made themselves irrelevant because they wouldn't unite no matter what anyway. I don't think anyone cares that Bush wasn't there. Never thought I'd hear libs touting the absence of Bush and Palin as negatives. lol I think the DNC was really the weaker convention. By far, IMO. It's high point was the Clinton speech. From what I hear of Obama, his speech was a huge letdown. The DNC just felt like a stuffy bag of yesterday's tricks that is riding on fumes of the fire they had in '08. (Just my biased take to counter everyone else's biased takes. Razz)

So I guess the conventions really did absolutely nothing. The solid crats liked their convention and didn't like the RNC. The solid GOPers liked their convention and didn't like the DNC. Conventions don't change much. Best they do is give future candidates some name recognition.

I'm looking forward to the debates too, but again, like the conventions, people will see what they want to see in them. Political analysis is practically dead. You can always find each and every thing being spun one way or another.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:29 pm

CeCe wrote:

Here it is in its entirety including the wonderful introduction.

Thanks I enjoyed hearing her speech, wasn't as great as Clinton's but very good too.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:39 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:

The irony is that every Republican I know is saying what a mess the DNC was and how great the RNC was. I saw the RNC and I can't say I see anybody who feels that it was a dud. It was anything but, IMO. (And in the opinion of anybody who wasn't already voting for Obama anyway. Funny how conventions are so well-liked by their base and disliked by their opponents. lol)

I saw the RNC all week and wasn't really disappointed by any speech. One early one was bland but I didn't know who the heck they were and they got off the stage quickly enough to bring the good people on. And I think it united the party as much as the Crats are united. lol The RPers have made themselves irrelevant because they wouldn't unite no matter what anyway. I don't think anyone cares that Bush wasn't there. Never thought I'd hear libs touting the absence of Bush and Palin as negatives. lol I think the DNC was really the weaker convention. By far, IMO. It's high point was the Clinton speech. From what I hear of Obama, his speech was a huge letdown. The DNC just felt like a stuffy bag of yesterday's tricks that is riding on fumes of the fire they had in '08. (Just my biased take to counter everyone else's biased takes. Razz)

So I guess the conventions really did absolutely nothing. The solid crats liked their convention and didn't like the RNC. The solid GOPers liked their convention and didn't like the DNC. Conventions don't change much. Best they do is give future candidates some name recognition.

I'm looking forward to the debates too, but again, like the conventions, people will see what they want to see in them. Political analysis is practically dead. You can always find each and every thing being spun one way or another.
    Democratic and Republican Conventions Tumblr_m4lipxuLor1r3zat8

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:35 am