CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
CeCe
Tony Marino
wants2laugh
Shale
Cheaps
RedBedroom
10 posters

Do you get a free turkey from your employer at Thanksgiving?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you get a free turkey from your employer at Thanksgiving? Empty Do you get a free turkey from your employer at Thanksgiving?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:02 am

I know many places that do this. Since we work for ourselves, we never do. But this year, another contractor that Jay is assisting on a huge building is getting us and Jay's crew one for Thanksgiving. I am pretty happy about it.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Do you get a free turkey from your employer at Thanksgiving? Empty Re: Do you get a free turkey from your employer at Thanksgiving?

Post by Cheaps Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:05 am

I started this job in May, so I'm not sure what or if they do anything for the holidays. I've never had a job give free turkeys though.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Do you get a free turkey from your employer at Thanksgiving? Empty Re: Do you get a free turkey from your employer at Thanksgiving?

Post by Shale Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:16 am

One place I worked did that in the 90s. Shands Hospital in North Central Florida had a big truck with frozen turkeys for all the employees. Being vegetarian I gave mine to relatives (Also, being not into the tedious process of cooking a turkey all day)
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:29 am

The USPS??? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAA ROFLMAO! ROFLMAO! ROFLMAO! ROFLMAO! ROFLMAO!

my family did give them out to every employee at the body shop, along with $100 cash and a bottle of white zinfadel.

Our Union does a raffle and gives away ONE--- out of like 400 employees, BIG spenders they are!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:30 am

The USPS??? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAA ROFLMAO! ROFLMAO! ROFLMAO! ROFLMAO! ROFLMAO!

my family did give them out to every employee at the body shop, along with $100 cash and a bottle of white zinfadel.

Our Union does a raffle and gives away ONE--- out of like 400 employees, BIG spenders they are!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:13 pm

No but I get a free one from my supermarket!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:31 pm

How do you get a free one from the market, Tony?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Back in the day the dealerships my husband worked for would do that. Sometimes they would do a Honeybaked Ham. Now you're just lucky to get the day off.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:44 pm

RedBedroom wrote:How do you get a free one from the market, Tony?

Some of them "give" away birds if you spend a certain amount for a period of time prior to the holliday. Deb has gotten a free bird up until this year because our power was out for so long that grocery shopping was to a bare minimum and she doesn't think she'll make the minimum amount. I've never worked anyplace that gave away turkeys.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Oh, gosh, Al, that's pretty cool. Our local markets don't do anything like that around here. Sorry you are not getting a free one this year. You guys are welcome to come here!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:06 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Oh, gosh, Al, that's pretty cool. Our local markets don't do anything like that around here. Sorry you are not getting a free one this year. You guys are welcome to come here!

The cost of the plane tickets would be worth the "Who the fuck are you people and what are you doing here on my doorstep on Thanksgiving" look on your face! LMAO!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:21 pm

LOL, true. Better yet, my explanation to Jay, "Um, Hon, I met this guy on the Internet!"
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:29 pm

RedBedroom wrote:"Um, Hon, I met this guy on the Internet! And I told him you were eager to explore the boundaries of your sexuality. And I get to watch!"

(Sorry to disappoint you Jay big grin )
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 pm

LOL!
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:14 pm

My occasionally gives away pies and other assorted desserts for thanksgiving, but I can't recall them ever giving out a turkey.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 pm

One of the local stores here gives points with their loyalty cards as we shop. So I could get a free turkey but the last free one I got from them was so tough is was almost inedible. I use their points now for Xmas presents and buy the turkey.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:25 pm

[rant]Free Turkey??? I can't even get a ***** box of Paper Mate pens from my company.

Just sent in a requisition for office supplies and put one with a special request for Paper Mate Medium Black pens.

We get the Staples generic brand pens which are cheaper, but I am the only one in the agency who writes several pages of meeting minutes and I need a pen that glides better over the paper. BTW, Paper Mate is not some high end expensive pen, just not the generic cheapos.

Purchasing said they can't give special orders, so I took the req to the CEO. He told me to buy them and get reimbursed. Accounting said it will have to be approved. So, I am going to Office Depot, buy the pens and take the receipt to the CEO for approval to get reimbursed.

All they had to do is acknowledge a special order from the guy who take minutes at the Board of Directors meetings. If this economy was better ....

[/rant]
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Turns out Deb did spend the requisite $300 so we are getting a freebie. That we're giving to our friend at whose house we're going for Thanksgiving.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Turns out Deb did spend the requisite $300 so we are getting a freebie. That we're giving to our friend at whose house we're going for Thanksgiving.

What is the time frame of having to spend $300? I'm just curious because we don't have programs like that here at all. I think the best they do around here is charge a cheaper price per pound if customers purchase certain other things like Stove Top, potatoes and canned foods.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:36 pm

RedBedroom wrote:How do you get a free one from the market, Tony?

They have this card you use when you check out and it keeps track of how much you spend in a certain amout of time. When you reach say $350.00 then you get a coupon for a free turkey.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

What is the time frame of having to spend $300? I'm just curious because we don't have programs like that here at all. I think the best they do around here is charge a cheaper price per pound if customers purchase certain other things like Stove Top, potatoes and canned foods.

They give you a few weeks to accumulate the money and then they give you the coupon for the turkey. You can't give the coupon away either, it has to come from your card so when you get the turkey you have to use your card to get it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:49 pm

That's pretty cool. For families spending a lot in groceries, it's an easy way for a freebie.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:50 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

Deb said it's about a month or so before.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:38 am

That's too bad it's just a month or so. I shop too many stores to get it all at one market.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:26 am

that is the whole point. It is one of those Kmart, Petsmart, CVS type of rewards cards. They have them on keyrings and scan the card when you check out.

I have a store called ShopRite that gives you 6wks to buy $300, and then you get a turkey worth x amount of dollars. They want you to shop their store only during the holiday season which then allows you to get the free turkey.

The truth is, ShopRite here is much cheaper than the competitor Acme.... but both are suffering since they built TWO walmarts within 2 miles of each other!!! WTF was that about???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:00 pm