CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
wants2laugh
CeCe
Alan Smithee
AtownPeep
Marc™
Chris
RobbieFTW
Tony Marino
12 posters

The 'Donna Summer' Tribute Thread [merged]

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Music Re: The 'Donna Summer' Tribute Thread [merged]

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 17, 2012 2:45 pm

This is a much better article:

By Gil Kaufman

Legendary disco singer Donna Summer has been reported dead at the age of 63 after a long battle with cancer. TMZ reports that Summer died on Thursday (May 17) in Florida.

The five-time Grammy winner who set dance floors ablaze in the 1970s with such anthems as "Last Dance," Hot Stuff" and her most iconic hit, "I Feel Love," was 63-years-old. In a genre that was filled with many one-hit wonders and fly-by-night studio acts that were unable to keep the disco inferno stoked after scoring hits, Summer was a lifer, consistently charting even after the dance craze faded in the late 1970's.

For photos of Donna Summer through the years, click here.

Unlike many of her contemporaries, Summer set herself apart with strong vocals backed by her songwriting skills, as well as some creative luck in hooking up with producers/songwriters Giorgio Moroder and Pete Bellotte. The pair helped her pumped out hit-after-hit and provided her with a sensual, almost ethereal sound on tracks such as "I Feel Love," which seduced both on and off the dance floor.

Born LaDonna Adrian Gaines on December 31, 1948 in Boston, Massachusetts to a butcher father and schoolteacher mother, Summer showed promise as a singer from an early age. She made her public debut at age 10 at her church when the scheduled singer didn't show up and she filled in. After appearing in a number of musicals and plays in high school and singing with the psychedelic rock band The Crow, she joined the cast of German production of the musical "Hair" in 1967 at age 18.

She stayed in Munich after the show's run ended and recorded her debut solo album there in 1974, Lady of the Night. Though it spawned a hit overseas with "The Hostage," she didn't crack the U.S. market until a year later with the song that would make her an international superstar, the seductive disco anthem, "Love to Love You Baby." The tune she created with Moroder and Bellotte was a #2 hit in the U.S. and landed her an American record deal with the it label of the era, Casablanca Records.

The 17-minute club remix of the single, which featured such real-sounding ecstatic moans that some radio stations refused to play it, became a huge hit and set a new standard for sophisticated arrangements in a genre often marked by cheesy sounding instrumentation and lazy songwriting.

She released two albums in 1976, A Love Trilogy, which featured the nearly 18-minute epic "Try Me (I Know We Can Make It Work)," and the winter/spring/summer/autumn-themed Four Seasons of Love. In a singles genre where the song as the thing, Summer continued to put out consistently artistic albums, including 1977's I Remember Yesterday, which featured the song that would secure Summer's place at the top of the disco diva pecking order, "I Feel Love." That hypnotizing song was also the first one recorded with a backing track made up entirely of synthesized sounds.

This being the era of excess, her second 1977 album, Once Upon A Time, was another concept disc, this one retelling the Cinderella story in the disco era on tracks like "Once Upon a Time," "Fairy Tale High," "Working the Midnight Shift" and "Queen for a Day."

She transitioned into acting in 1978 in the disco comedy "Thank God It's Friday," which earned her a Grammy for Best Female R&B Vocal for the hit "Last Dance." By 1979's two-album Bad Girls she was indisputably a star, logging six weeks at #1 and scoring hits with the sexy "Bad Girls" and more rock-oriented "Hot Stuff." When Summer released a double-album greatest hits disc later that year she became the first artists to ever score three #1 albums in a row with double-disc releases.

She went on to score hits with a Barbra Streisand duet and moved over to the then-new Geffen Records, where her success began to wane a bit. By 1983, she'd moved past the disco sound and into a synth-heavy R&B/new wave sound with the female empowerment anthem "She Works Hard For the Money." That song, though, would effectively mark the end of her hit-making days. Summer continued to release albums through the late 1980's, but was never again able to capture her disco peak. In fact, by the end of the decade she spoke out against the "sinful" nature of her disco hits and turned her back on her earlier material and focused on painting.

After a 17-year break, she released her first studio album of original material, Crayons, in 2008.

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/05/17/donna-summer-dead-from-cancer/
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu May 17, 2012 9:13 pm

I didn't know she had cancer. RIP. Cancer is a bitch I tell ya. Just lost a good friend to pancreatic cancer.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Fri May 18, 2012 4:34 am

Sad news. They must've kept her cancer a closely guarded secret cause few knew she was even sick. RIP. Seems like time and death are starting to catch up with the icons who were doing their thing when I was coming up.

Nystyle709 wrote:I didn't know she had cancer. RIP. Cancer is a bitch I tell ya. Just lost a good friend to pancreatic cancer.

Yeah lung cancer and pancreatic cancer are both the most grim forms of cancers to have.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 am

Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri May 18, 2012 4:42 am

How sad, RIP.. I never listened to her music, but I do remember my ma having a lot of her records.

Last edited by Cheaps on Fri May 18, 2012 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Fri May 18, 2012 5:22 am

Here are some reactions by other celebrities...

• “I am deeply saddened personally for the loss of my dear friend Donna Summer. She and I have been friends for a very long time, we were both known as the ’Queen of Disco,’ but Donna always referred to me as the ”First Lady of Disco.’ A fine lady and human being she was. She will be missed dearly by her colleagues, friends and family. She not only made her mark in my heart as well as others, but she forever changed the way … America danced and enjoyed themselves. She may have had her ’Last Dance’ here on earth, but ’Heaven Knows’ it is “dancing with joy for her arrival.” - Gloria Gaynor in a statement.

• “She was so young and vibrant. Donna and I knew each other for a long time, we ran in the same circles and are part of the same generation, and it was something we shared … creating and performing music. Her voice was smooth and comforting, and something I had always wanted to do was a world tour with her, you know, as the Queen and King of Disco. We are the freshman class in creating music that continues to this day to make people happy, and it has been embraced by every major artist in the industry. It makes you want to get up and dance and forget your troubles for awhile. We just saw each other several months ago – she was beautiful as ever and her voice as strong as when I met her and we had some great laughs and a stroll down memory lane.” - Harry Wayne “KC” Casey of KC & The Sunshine Band in a statement.

• “When you lose a friend you feel like they are gone forever … that is not true with my dear friend Donna. She was a queen, THE Queen of disco, and we will be dancing to her music forever. My thoughts and prayers are with her family always.” - Liza Minnelli in a statement.

• “I can’t believe we’ve lost another wonderful singer. Donna, like Whitney (Houston), had one of the greatest voices ever. I loved her records. She was the disco queen, and will remain so. I knew her and found her to be one of the most likable and fun people ever. She will be missed and remembered.” - Dolly Parton in a statement.

• “Five-time Grammy winner Donna Summer had a dynamic voice and unique musical style that helped define the dance music genre in the ’70s. She also was an artist who crossed many musical genres, as evidenced by her Grammy wins in the R&B, rock, inspirational and dance categories. Her talent was a true gift to the music industry, and our thoughts and sympathies are with her family, friends and fans throughout the world during this difficult time.” - Neil Portnow, president of The Recording Academy on Facebook.

• “We will miss Donna Summer! She changed the world of music with her beautiful voice and incredible talent.” - Janet Jackson on Twitter.

• “I loved doing the duet with her. She had an amazing voice and was so talented. .. It’s so sad.” - Barbra Streisand on Twitter.

• “Rest in Peace dear Donna Summer. Your voice was the heartbeat and soundtrack of a decade.” - Quincy Jones on Twitter.

• “Rest in peace Donna. You are a pioneer and you have paved the way for so many of us. You transcended race and genre. Respect. Lenny.” - Lenny Kravitz on Twitter.

Katharine McPhee: “RIP Donna Summer…hope you’re dancing up there.”

Mario Lopez: “R.I.P Donna Summer…I remember roller skating to hits like ‘Last Dance’ ‘Hot Stuff’ & ‘Bad Girls.’ Synonymous with the 70′s.. #QueenOfDisco.”

Alyssa Milano: “I used to do interpretative dance in my living room to Donna Summer’s music when I was a little girl. Rest in peace.”

Timbaland: “This cant be tru. i cant believe this RIP Donna Summer. at a lost 4words.”

Questlove: “Donna Summer. Man I can’t believe this— like ‘My Baby Understands’ was on my workout playlist this morning! This MORNING! God…I just…”

Billy Ray Cyrus: “R I P #Donna Summer LEGEND !!! Your music will live forever.”

William Shatner: “My heart and thoughts go out to the family of Donna Summer. MBB”

La Toya Jackson: “My condolences to #Donna Summer’s family & love ones. She will be terribly missed. She was truly the #Disco Queen!”

Duran Duran: “So sad to hear about the passing of Donna Summer. Our condolences.”

Carson Daly: “We lost the Queen of Disco today, Donna Summer, 63- another victim of that bastard, cancer. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.”

Russell Simmons: “RIP Donna Summer.”

David Boreanaz: “R.I.P. Donna Summer. A mezzo-soprano range of a soul and artist.”

Teddy Geiger: “LAST DANCE.”

Kirstie Alley: “WUT??? no no no no…”

Piers Morgan: “RIP #DonnaSummer – dined with her a few months ago, and she sang Amazing Grace to guests with stunning power. Great lady, wonderful talent.”

Marlee Matlin: “So sad to hear of the passing of disco legend Donna Summer. We all danced to her music. Her influence will last forever. RIP.”

Bethenny Frankel: “So sad about Donna Summer passing away. Her music was such a big part of my life & memories. I wasn’t ready for her ‘last dance.’”

Aretha Franklin: ”So shocking to hear about the passing of Donna Summer. In the 70s, she reigned over the disco era and kept the disco jumping. Who will forget ‘Last Dance.’ A fine performer and a very nice person.”

Nicki Minaj: “Wow, another legend gone. Rest in peace to the beautiful disco queen Donna Summer.”

Chaka Khan: “Donna and I had a friendship for over 30 years. She is one of the few black women I could speak German with and she is one of the few friends I had in this business.”

Rihanna‏ @rihanna Donna Summer?? no no no

• “I’m so sad about the news that Donna Summer died this morning. I was a big fan. I even used one of her songs in my show that airs today.” - Ellen DeGeneres on Twitter.

• “One of my earliest musical inspirations, RIP Donna Summer.” - Kylie Minogue on Twitter.

yvetter Nicole Brown “No words. #heartbroken. RT @TMZ Disco Legend, Donna Summer, Dies After Battle with Cancer”

Michelle Williams “Shocked and saddened at the news of Donna Summer passing away! Wow!”

Niecy Nash “Whitney. Tina Marie. Vesta. Now Donna Summer. The choir in heaven has a new member. They will be singing up a beautiful storm:) RIP DonnaSummer #discodiva #sadtweet”

RuPaul “Donna Summer, your last dance with remain in our hearts forever.”

Ryan Seacrest: “I remember sitting in the front seat of my mom’s toyota while she sang Donna Summer’s ‘she works hard for the money’ songs were just classic.”

Mary J. Blige: “RIP Donna Summers!!!!!!!!! You were truly a game changer!!!”

Daisy Fuentes ‏@DaisyFuentes
    I will always love Donna Summer. So many wonderful memories. Such an amazing voice. A lovely lady. RIP Disco Queen.

Nigel Lythgoe ‏@dizzyfeet
    One of my favorite singers of all time, Donna Summer, is dead. She defined dance music in the 70′s and had a wonderful voice and personality

Lou Diamond Phillips ‏@LouDPhillips
    RIP Donna Summer. So many memories from my adolescence I can’t even begin to recount. Thanks for the joy & exuberance of dancing.

Armin van Buuren: "RIP Donna Summer Queen of Disco. You were a great inspiration. Still so young..."

Duran Duran‘s Nick Rhodes wrote a blog post about Donna and the effect her music had on his band:

I just heard the very sad news that Donna Summer has passed away. For me, there is no doubt that her song ‘I Feel Love’ had a dramatic effect on modern music. It was certainly a key influence on my work with Duran Duran. Together with producer Giorgio Moroder, Donna pioneered the use of electronic sequencers in dance music. Today that sound that seems so familiar, but in 1977, it was a brave new frontier. It’s extremely rare that you hear one song that completely changes the way you perceive music. “I Feel Love” achieved that.

Elton John spoke to E! News, saying, “I’m so sad. This woman was the queen of disco and so much more. Her records sound as good today as they ever did. That she has never been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a total disgrace, especially when I see the second-rate talent that has been inducted. She is a great friend to me and to the Elton John AIDS Foundation and I will miss her greatly.”‪

Gloria Estefan: “Few singers have impacted music & the world like Donna Summer! It’s the end of an era. Peace & prayers 2 all who loved her. I will miss her!”

Rihanna: “RIP #dearDonna”

Goldfrapp: “On the M4 to London & just heard on the radio that Donna Summer has died….so sad, so young & such a legend…sweet dreams Donna x”

La Roux: “This cannot be happening……. Please tell me that I’m dreaming that Donna Summer has died????!!! Please no…. Morified…What a disco legend. ‘I Feel Love’ is going on LOUD right now let’s all do the same and remember who made us love and dance.”

Robyn: “Donna Summer RIP I FEEL LOVE FOR YOU”

Boys II Men: “It’s unfortunate that we have to say goodbye to another amazing talent. Donna Summer, Queen of Disco, our condolences to her family!”

Bananarama: “RIP Donna Summer – we grew up listening to those disco tunes.”

Boy George: “Very sad news, about Donna Summer. R.I.P!”

Nile Rodgers: “For the last half hour or so I’ve been lying in my bed crying and stunned. Donna Summer RIP.”

Little Boots: “Oh my goodness just heard the sad news about Donna Summer. A true diva and disco queen her music will keep people dancing forever xxx”

Adam Lambert: “RIP Donna Summer. glorious disco Goddess.”

Madonna: "RIP Donna Summer" posted future lovers on her twitter as it was inspired by i feel love

Bruce Springsteen payed tribute tonight in Barcelona playing Last dance

moby ‏@thelittleidiot
    very. very sad. donna summer has died. words can't express the impact and influence she had on music
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Fri May 18, 2012 5:24 am

And the President...

Statement by the President on the Passing of Donna Summer

Michelle and I were saddened to hear about the passing of Donna Summer. A five-time Grammy Award winner, Donna truly was the “Queen of Disco.” Her voice was unforgettable, and the music industry has lost a legend far too soon. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Donna's family and her dedicated fans.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/05/17/statement-president-passing-donna-summer
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks for posting all those comments Cheaps.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Donna Summer: Family Releases Statement, Funeral Details

As fans and the music world continue to mourn the death of Donna Summer, her family has released a statement thanking everyone for their prayers and details of her funeral have been reveled.

“Early this morning, we lost Donna Summer Sudano, a woman of many gifts, the greatest being her faith. While we grieve her passing, we are at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and her continued legacy. Words truly can’t express how much we appreciate your prayers and love for our family at this sensitive time. The Sudano Family.”

Disco Queen Donna Summer died after a very private battle with lung cancer which she believed was as a result of inhaling smoke from 9/11.

The later singer’s rep revealed she was diagnosed with cancer 10 months ago and told only her husband and children of her diagnosis.

According to ET Online, Donna Summer will be laid to rest during a funeral ceremony on Monday (May 21) in Nashville and in lieu of flowers her family has asked that donations be made in Donna’s honor to the Salvation Army

Donna is survived by her husband Bruce Sudano, their daughters Brooklyn and Amanda, and her daughter Mimi Sommer from her first marriage.

Read more: http://iluluonline.com/donna-summer-family-releases-statement-funeral-details/#ixzz1vEtP2aWD

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 18, 2012 1:29 pm

For Donna:

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Donna Summer ruled majestically, if uneasily

Donna Summer's controversial international hit "Love to Love You Baby" was, according to her, recorded as something of a joke. It wasn't supposed to be the singer's calling card on the world stage. It wasn't meant to be one of disco's canonical tracks. And it wasn't supposed to set the mold for her public persona.

Summer and her siblings were raised in a deeply religious family, but she displayed her independent streak when, in 1967 at the age of 18, she took off for Germany as a member of the touring cast of the musical "Hair." There she modeled, sang, and performed -- and got married, had a daughter and became a divorcee. In 1975, she released the steamy "Love to Love You Baby" with producer Giorgio Moroder, helping ignite the disco craze and setting the stage for the battle between her gospel roots and her new public image.

The tension between her conservative upbringing and the unbridled sexuality of the disco era echoed the faith vs. secularity conflicts of artists such as Sam Cooke, Aretha Franklin and Marvin Gaye. Like them, she straddled the tensions to create a sound and style all her own.

Though she grew up in the church, hers wasn't a conventional gospel voice; it was a bit more naturally polished, a bit more pop. What she took from her gospel training was the ability to invest a lyric with precise soulfulness, burrowing right in for the emotional truth, whether she was singing show tunes, pop standards, New Wave or her own disco classics.

In her music, she forged a home. In her image, she was often uncomfortable, sometimes making it clear that the genre she'd helped define was her albatross.

When people say Donna Summer was the Queen of Disco, it's not just BPMs, drugs in the backroom and sexual hedonism they're talking about. The dance music culture of the late 1960s through the late '70s, with disco as one of its most powerful and influential manifestations, is the revolutionary music-based culture that neither rock 'n' roll nor hip-hop is, or can ever be.

Disco was rooted in the cutting-edge sounds and aesthetics of black America and gay America (keeping in mind that the two are not mutually exclusive). But it was also refuge and mecca for all races, genders, sexual orientations and classes. All you had to do was show up. You didn't have to plead your case, didn't have to hide or be ashamed of any aspect of your being because its core identity was fluid and permeable. Flaming queens, working-class straight men, suburbanites and devout club kids all called the music and culture theirs.

Donna Summer ruled majestically, if uneasily, over it all.

Her work with the production team of Moroder and Pete Bellotte includes the "Four Seasons of Love" EP (1976), the concept double-album "Once Upon a Time" (1977), the Grammy and Academy Award-winning pop classic "Last Dance" (1978), the concert double-album "Live and More" (1978) and the Grammy-nominated "Bad Girls" album (1979), which is arguably her masterpiece.

Though she did fantastic work after breaking with the Svengali-like Moroder (including teaming up with Quincy Jones and working with one-time powerhouse British producers Stock, Aiken and Waterman), her best work was without a doubt with Moroder and Bellotte. She was their muse. They created sweepingly orchestrated tracks that run circles around 90% of what's being made now, and she brought a dazzling humanity -- sensuality, playfulness, soulfulness -- to the grooves, from the hypnotic repetition of "I Feel Love" to the swirling romanticism of "Heaven Knows," and dozens beyond.

A gifted songwriter (she wrote or co-wrote a lot of her material), she was known as the consummate professional, with her only real publicized battles concerning label interference after she signed to Geffen following her break with Casablanca Records, where she recorded her most famous and influential music. Still, a famous bit of diva lore trailed her after she went toe-to-toe with Barbra Streisand on the camp classic "No More Tears." The competitive recording session quickly became the stuff of legend after Summer reportedly strained so hard to keep up with Streisand on one note that she fell off the stool she was sitting on, while Streisand chirped merrily on. But make no mistake, her own voice was one of the most glorious and powerful in pop.

Controversy dogged her already faltering post-disco career after word spread that, following a concert in 1983, she told gay fans that AIDS was divine retribution for a sinful lifestyle. She steadfastly denied saying it, even suing New York magazine in 1991 when they reprinted the allegation. (The case was settled out of court.)

She's not referenced much now outside of conversations about disco (many of which take place in the bloodless realm of academia), but while she was that genre's undisputed queen, she was also -- for a while -- the queen of pop. Her legacy undoubtedly suffers from the fact that disco never received its due, was always shortchanged in terms of mainstream critical respect, and Summer herself often seemed conflicted about her own relationship to the music, its culture and what it represented.

If you want to really hear her at her best, and at the peak of disco's creativity, put on the 17 minute-plus "MacArthur Park Suite," from the "Live and More" CD. In the middle of it, and with the most exquisite ache, she sings the passage: "There will be another song for me / And I will sing it / There will be another dream for me /Someone will bring it / I will drink the wine while it is warm / And never let you catch me looking at the sun / And after all the loves of my life / After all the loves of my life, you'll still be the one…"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/05/donna-summer-ruled-majestically-if-uneasily.html
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sat May 19, 2012 2:25 am

I'm still in shock over her passing. She was always so vibrant and seemed younger than her age. Can't believe she's gone.

Rest in paradise Donna!

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Music Donna Summer funeral held at Nashville church

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 24, 2012 1:15 pm

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A memorial service for Donna Summer was held Wednesday afternoon in Nashville.

Among the 400 guests rumored to attend included Lionel Richie, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, Elton John and Barbara Streisand.

The funeral was scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. at Christ Presbyterian Church on Old Hickory Boulevard in Forest Hills but delayed due to traffic in the area.

According to several reports, Michael W. Smith and Stevie Wonder, among other guests, were stuck in traffic due to paving project in the area.

Nashville's News 2 spoke with Summer's biographer before the ceremony who spoke fondly of the legendary performer.

"Donna was a wonderful woman, who was a force to be reckoned with. She changed music and was a good family woman and good Christian. She will be missed," Mark Eliot said.

Gospel singer Natalie Grant and David Foster were scheduled to perform at the service.

Summer, known by many as the Queen of Disco, gained prominence during the disco era of the 1970s. Her pulsing anthems such as "Last Dance," "Love to Love You Baby" and "Bad Girls" became the soundtrack for a glittery age of sex, drugs, dance and flashy clothes.

Her sound was a mix of genres, and helped her earn Grammy Awards in the dance, rock, R&B and inspirational categories.

Summer released her last album, "Crayons," in 2008. She also performed on "American Idol" that year with its top female contestants.

She died last Thursday after a battle with lung cancer. She was 63 years old.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/18606140/donna-summer-memorial-service

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu May 24, 2012 3:34 pm

There probably won't, but I wonder if there will be any media coverage of the service.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu May 24, 2012 3:35 pm

'The Wanderer'

Her first post disco hit.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Chris wrote:There probably won't, but I wonder if there will be any media coverage of the service.

The service was yesterday Chris, its over. They had some media coverage outside of the church from what I saw.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 24, 2012 4:09 pm

This is another post disco hit of her's that I like. Its a remake of an old Drifter's song:

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:19 pm

I am still depressed over her death. I play her songs all the time.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:23 pm

I prefer this version Marc she sings it live, what a voice, she does not even have to hold that mic near her mouth to belt it out. She was so beautiful, I miss you Donna sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:34 am