Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?

Go down 
+3
Alan Smithee
Kral
Supernova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? Empty
PostSubject: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?   Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:50 am

A while back there was a poll asking men and women if they thought a physical affair or an emotional affair was the worst of the two. And surprisingly, more men said they found an emotional one to be worse than a physical one. I don't get this logic. Yes, an emotional affair can hurt, it can destroy the trust between two people, but nobody gets an STD from it or an unwanted pregnancy, so I'd call it the lesser of two evils.

Where's everybody else stand?
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?   Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:00 am

All affairs are pretty equally bad IMO. An "emotional" affair is just an interlude because 9.5 out of 10 it will turn physical. Now that I think about it, it's probably worse (emotional) because you're giving away part of your heart to someone else. Some people detach from sex. Means nothing to them, but an emotional affair is basically taking some of your love away from your significant other and giving it to this other person.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?   Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:02 am

Cheating is cheating but as a man I can't relate to that attidude (emotional infidelity is worse). I would be a lot less concerned that my wife met a man for lunch because he shared interests with her that I didn't and a lot more concerned that they would wind up in a motel after lunch. I think in most cases the emotional is a gateway to the sexual.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?   Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:08 am

I think an emotional affair is much worse. With a a physical affair, you can just "hook-up" and move on. Emotions on the other hand are not easy, especially if you find yourself falling for someone. We all know you don't have to be physical at all to have feelings for someone.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?   Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Emotional is much worse, but I think that it is easier for most to forgive an emotional affair. Because people have such a hang up that sex is what makes an affair "really bad".
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?   Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Maybe I'll change my mind if someone can give me some examples of "emotional" affairs.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?   Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:57 pm

Well the whole thing beats me because to me an affair IS having sex with somebody other than your spouse.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?   Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:46 am

Depending on the situation, a one night stand can be forgivable....but an "emotional" affair (having a full fledged frolic-y relationship with someone on the side) can't be excused.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?   Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:02 am

An emotional affair would be much, much worse. As has been said before, you're basically giving your heart to someone else -- or at least part of it. I'm not one for cheating, period, but if I were more lenient, I imagine I'd be able to take a one-night stand over an ongoing side romance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?   Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:08 am

alan smithee wrote:
Maybe I'll change my mind if someone can give me some examples of "emotional" affairs.

An emotional affair is a situation that a person sees in another, outside his or her relationship. having a deep connection. A person engaging in an emotional affair will be sharing/venting/expressing more to his affair than he or she is the relationship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?   Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?
Page 1 of 1