What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter?

Go down 
+3
Nystyle709
Chris
Supernova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter? Empty
PostSubject: What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter?   What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:41 am

In relation to the twins thing...say you had a big family, like 5 or 10 kids, or hell, maybe more...would you give them ALL names that started with the same letter or would you be going 'time for some difference here'?

My mother knows a family where they had 10 kids and 9 of them all have names starting with the letter M, and she said that that one family on TV that has like 19 kids, they ALL have names starting with the same letter too, J I think...and the whole time I'm wondering WHY would you do that to your kids?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter?   What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:49 am

My parents did that.

My oldest sister is Cassandra Aubry, my second older sister is Candace Aeryn and I'm Christopher Andre. My mothers gluttony. Her name is Carla and her maiden name started with an "A." She wanted her kids to have the same initials.

blank stare @ you
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter?   What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 am

Kind of makes you wonder, what would people today think of the Hepburn family, Katharine and all her brothers having the SAME middle name, which was their mother's maiden name? I have a feeling that THAT somehow would be considered weird, but people think this use the whole M section of the baby name book for your kids names is normal?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter?   What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Nothing wrong with that. I went to school with a girl who had a family and everyone's name started with the letter 'A'. It ain't like you giving your kids the same damn name. It's just the same initial. My name starts with a 'Z' and my mom said she was going to name my brother 'Zacharay' because of that, but she decided to go with 'Brandan' instead. Which was a good thing. Zacharay is an ugly name. Not too many nice boy names she could've gave him with the letter 'Z'. I think I'd do that for my kids. I've already got a boy and a girl's name picked out for the letter 'A'.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter?   What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:41 pm

My mom, Betty, named me Bob and my sister Bonnie.

My sister married a man named Bill and they had 4 kids, Brenda, Betsy, Billy and Beverly.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter?   What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:06 pm

I guess it's up to the individual. I can't judge people for something like that but I'd want my kids to have more varied names.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter?   What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:58 pm

I don't see anything wrong with it. If everyone involved in the decision process agrees, it's no big thing. Too cutesy for me. My husband's family did that. I'm not one who likes to be forced into a mold, so I broke it. They never forgave me but...
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter?   What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:42 am

To each their own. I only have one son, and I call him the dog's name about 10% of the time. Not sure what I would do with a housefull who all start with the same letter!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter?   What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter? Empty

Back to top Go down

What about having several kids and all giving them names with the same starting letter?
Page 1 of 1