Old People Driving - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old People Driving

Go down 
+17
GrayWolf
RedBedroom
RobbieFTW
MandyPerfumeGirl
Jason B.
Nystyle709
Shale
Kral
Forgiveness Man
femme fatale
Dan70
Chris
Tony Marino
Supernova
JM130ELM
CeCe
Marc™
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

Old People Driving - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old People Driving   Old People Driving - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 am

alan smithee wrote:
Kral wrote:
First and foremost, driving is not a right...it is a privilege. I do think that EVERYONE should be re-roadtested every 3-5 years or so. I find that many drivers make many mistakes, it drives me absolutely nuts!
co-signs Add to that vision re-testing. If you can safely operate the vehicle, age shouldn't be an issue. If you can't then you shouldn't be driving.

Agreed--instead of just paying a license renewal fee every 5 years, make everyone take a vision and road test just as if they were going for their license the first time. I'm sure that would be enough to piss off many people who would come up with a million excuses why it shouldn't apply to them, from "I'm far too busy" to "I'm just fine". But it would also help solve America's unemployment issues, too--look at all the new job positions that would need to be created to keep up with the re-testing of everyone on a regular basis.

At least my 86 year old grandmother recognized on her own, though, that she couldn't handle a car anymore and now I drive her everywhere. . . . or maybe she just got sick of me yelling at her to quit stopping and backing up for yellow lights! big grin
Back to top Go down

Old People Driving
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3