Staying together for the kids Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Staying together for the kids

Go down 
+6
Nystyle709
CatEyes10736
Supernova
Marc™
Tony Marino
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Staying together for the kids Empty
PostSubject: Staying together for the kids   Staying together for the kids EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:30 am

Do you think married couples who're only staying together for the kids are making a responsible choice, or are they just making the situation worse?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Staying together for the kids   Staying together for the kids EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:42 am

Probably making it worse, kids can sense when things are wrong and why make yourselves more miserable by staying together.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Staying together for the kids   Staying together for the kids EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:15 am

Staying together for the kids is as idiotic as marrying only because she's pregnant. Don't put your fucked up relationship off on your kids. Your marriage is yours....not theirs.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Staying together for the kids   Staying together for the kids EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:45 am

Indeeeeeeeed, it's about as bad of an idea as you can get, it never works, it never helps anything...however, and I know the two aren't related, I think even if people can't be together anymore, they also shouldn't take THAT out on the kids and should make an effort to work together and not turn it into a case of 'I'M getting the kid and YOU'RE paying child support' or 'your mom/dad is a bastard, you listen to ME, you're going to stay with ME'. They should make some effort to be friendly with one another so when their kids alternate they don't get stuck in the middle of a proverbial minefield.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Staying together for the kids   Staying together for the kids EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 12:18 pm

It just makes everyone miserable. Some think it's the more responsible thing to do, but really the opposite is true. Someone's kids will always be their kids.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Staying together for the kids   Staying together for the kids EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 pm

My parents didn't stay together for us. When it's not working out and you tried, you need to let it go.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Staying together for the kids   Staying together for the kids EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:52 am

Staying together for the kids is not the best situation, I don't think. If a married couple doesn't want to be together, it makes everybody miserable. The kids can sense it, obviously the parents know about it - not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Staying together for the kids   Staying together for the kids EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:31 am

Ditto all of the above.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Staying together for the kids   Staying together for the kids EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 3:56 am

I am so the outsider on this one....

I agree with it in some situations. My son is afforded opportunities within his sport (that he excels at) due to his father and I living together.

We do live pretty much as a "regular" family, but both of us kinda/sorta cherry pick what family values we personify.

I don't think this would work in most situations, but we both LOVE my son's sport, and it is time consuming and expensive, so it is afforded him because his father and I share expenses.

I don't consider myself single but I certainly am not in a real relationship either.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Staying together for the kids   Staying together for the kids EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:03 am

I never really got the point of that really. Maybe I just can't relate to being a kid who loves his mommy and daddy so much that he wants them to stay together so that their "perfect" little home can be intact. When my parents were married I used to hope for a divorce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staying together for the kids   Staying together for the kids Empty

Back to top Go down

Staying together for the kids
Page 1 of 1