CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Chris
Kral
6 posters

Who remember Tony Lord?

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Who remember Tony Lord? Empty Who remember Tony Lord?

Post by Kral Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:16 pm

Viki's brother that was killed off. He was played by George Reinholt. Anybody remember him and what he was like?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Who remember Tony Lord? Empty Re: Who remember Tony Lord?

Post by Chris Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:08 am

He was from before my time, but from what I've read about him, it seems like they could never really 'break' him as a character. He was sort of like Ford: kind of aimless and without much direction, like they basically tried to use his being a 'Lord' to get him over, but it didn't work.

I do, though, think that they should do a storyline where it's revealed that he didn't actually die. He was said to have perished in Lebanon, while caught in crossfire. Would be interesting if one day Viki learned that it wasn't true.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:43 am

He was before me time, too. I don't know much about him.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:42 am

Kral wrote:Viki's brother that was killed off. He was played by George Reinholt. Anybody remember him and what he was like?

I remember Tony very well. He was played by three actors, actually. The first, and most memorable, was George Reinholt. He arrived in the mid-1970s, with Jacquie Courtney - whom he had been embroiled with in a very popular pairing at Another World. AW was huge at the time and OLTL took great pride in luring these two over from that show. However, while the pairing of Tony Lord and Pat Kendall took up a lot of airtime, and may have been well received (probably moreso from the show working overtime to coax the audience into buying into these two) they were never organic, like say Joe and Viki, or Larry and Merrie, or Brad and Jenny. Tony and Pat were like a seventies version of Rex and Gigi, complete with their bratty son Brian, who was his era's Shane. They did the breakup/makeup dance for yeeeaarrrsss, finally marrying in the early 1980s.

Although Tony was a puffed up vanity character, who (as Chris deduced) probably was not every fully fleshed out, Reinholt was a brilliant actor, and the only reason that character ever worked. Nevertheless, he only lasted a few years. I believe he had trouble with the admin., and once his initial contract expired, he was gone for good. The recasts were like warm spit in comparison. The character was really lost when GR no longer played the part. I barely remember the second actor who played the role, all I recall was his ill-fated romantic angst with young Samantha Vernon. The final Tony, Chip Lucia, I remember quite well. Why? Because I did not like him. He was just awful. Much too young for the role, a bad actor, and had zilch chemistry with JC. Even though I disliked the last actor who played him, I hated that they killed him off (especially a week or so after he married Pat.) Poor Pat had already lost so much, I thought it was awful she could not at least finally have some happiness w/ the one real love of her life. But a soap is not a good place for anyone to find everlasting happiness.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:26 am

You opened a door when you said his name. I don't remember him but I got a big story idea involving him. Many know about it now. FORGIVENESS MAN
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:40 pm

I read a lot about Tony Lord and I wish he was still around. Here is some additional information I found Stavdash was on the money about him as well:

Tony Harris arrived in Llanview in 1975 with hopes of finding his birth father. Dorian Lord (then married to Victor) knew Tony was Victor's illegitmate son and willingly kept it secret so she get her hands Victor's money. For nearly a year, Dorian kept the paternity a secret until one day Tony discovered his mother Dorothy's diary and it revealed that Victor Lord was his father. Devastated that the truth was kept secret, Victor suffered a massive stroke and was unable to speak to anyone about Tony. Before Tony could confront Victor about his new found family, Victor was murdered.

After Victor's death, Dorian had his will changed and left Tony penniless. Now working for his father's paper, "The Banner", Tony began to get use to his new relatives (Viki, Meredith, & Tina) and was reunited with his long-lost love Pat Kendall, who now has a son named Brian. When Tony & Pat told Brian that Tony was his father, Brian ran out into the street and was killed by car. Devastated by his son's death, Tony put his energy into his work. One day in 1983, Tony was covering a story in Beirut, Lebanon when his helicopter crashed killing him.

In 1987, Viki had a brain tumor and had out-of-body experince in which she was reunited her loved ones (her father, Victor, her sister, Meredith, Joe Riley and finally her brother Tony, who advised her time wasn't up).

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Chris wrote:He was from before my time, but from what I've read about him, it seems like they could never really 'break' him as a character. He was sort of like Ford: kind of aimless and without much direction, like they basically tried to use his being a 'Lord' to get him over, but it didn't work.

I do, though, think that they should do a storyline where it's revealed that he didn't actually die. He was said to have perished in Lebanon, while caught in crossfire. Would be interesting if one day Viki learned that it wasn't true.

Great idea Chris, we should pitch it to ABC maybe they would consider it?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:28 pm

^^^^OWEN MORASCO! XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:26 am