Should Respect Have to be "Earned"? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Respect Have to be "Earned"?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

Should Respect Have to be "Earned"? Empty
PostSubject: Should Respect Have to be "Earned"?   Should Respect Have to be "Earned"? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:11 am

We all heard it said that someone's respect has to be earned, that people need to show their sincerity to prove their character is worth respecting. I think that's largely incorrect and that everyone should be respected UNTIL they should that their character ISN'T sincere. What do you think, should respect have to be earned or should it be given with the benefit of the doubt?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should Respect Have to be "Earned"?   Should Respect Have to be "Earned"? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:22 am

Definitely given with the benefit of the doubt.

But I don't think the sentiment that it has to be earned is off base, if it is taken more literally. For instance if you and I are introduced and you treat me kind straight on from the first handshake, I am going to respect you with eye contact, interest in what you may have to say, and just generally, treating with respect. Because you have "earned" it by greeting me with respect.

Now, if you are introduced to me and you mumble a hello while your eyes scan the room, I am probably not going to put much into getting to know you.

Same for anything, a new teacher or boss, has "earned" the right to be respected due to their position of authority. And from the point of initial meeting, that "respect" is only theirs to lose, should they act in a disrespectful way at some time.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Should Respect Have to be "Earned"?   Should Respect Have to be "Earned"? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:25 am

There's a difference between trust and respect. Trust has to be earned, respect should be given with the benefit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Respect Have to be "Earned"?   Should Respect Have to be "Earned"? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Respect Have to be "Earned"?
Page 1 of 1