CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Sign’s He’s Just Not That Into You

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Sign’s He’s Just Not That Into You Empty Sign’s He’s Just Not That Into You

Post by femme fatale Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:41 am

I read most of the book "HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU."
    The book tells things women know deep down but choose to ignore. First “there is no excuse for cheating” and “don’t date a married man”. Duh stuff right there.

OK what about the “busy” excuse, and how a guy who says he’s “busy” is just saying he’s a jerk:

From the book: "Oh sure, they say they’re busy. They say that they didn’t have even a moment in their insanely busy day to pick up the phone. It was just that crazy. All lies. With the advent of cell phones and speed dialing, it is almost impossible not to call you. Sometimes I call people from my pants pocket when I don’t even mean to. If I were into you, you would be the bright spot in my horribly busy day. Which would be a day that I would never be too busy to call you."

Others from our own experience to add to the list? And what are they telling us.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Sign’s He’s Just Not That Into You Empty Re: Sign’s He’s Just Not That Into You

Post by GrayWolf Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:17 am

At certain times of the year, I am too busy for my close friends, nevermind people I'm only just dating. I totally understand, as all my friends do someone saying "Right now I am too busy to spend time with you". Reading too much into someone being too busy and thinking that it has anything to do with just not being into someone is just paranoia and insecurity.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:27 am

I don't know if I can add much to this as I have never dated in search of a mate. The casual sex days sorta pre-occupied me with other things and as a guy wasn't much into settling down anyhow.

Phones and other communication was not ubiquitous - you mostly had to see ppl face-to-face and you could tell who was into you or not. I think for ppl who are self confident there would be no problem that requires a book about whether "he was into you." Sounds like it is for ppl who would sit around all day looking at the phone waiting for him to call then hyper analyze every little nuanced thing.

GAD! I'm so jaded. blank stare @ you
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:21 pm

The clearest sign is surely silence. We may not always have time for long conversations or long e-mails, but when a person doesn't even make an effort to say, "Hello, just checking in, I am terribly busy this week but hope we can have a nice chat/get together soon," then that guy (or girl) just isn't that "into" the other person. (I use "we" because women can do it too.)

The next sign is canceling (or worst still forgetting) an appointment/date. It may be no more than, "I'll call you tomorrow." Anyone can forget/be confused/be delayed once. But when it is a pattern, "he's just not that into you."

Related to that is when a guy just can't find a lot of time to be with you. We all have busy periods, but when there is never any time, the guy is either not interested or not ready for a relationship.

Another sign is when the guy doesn't consult your preferences or do things you want to do. If it's "his way or no way" then he is just not that into you.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:01 pm

Great list, CatEyes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:55 pm