Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?

Go down 
+5
Tony Marino
Supernova
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? Empty
PostSubject: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:16 am

Do you think that it should be illegal for a driver of a car to eat in the car while driving, similar to driving and talking on the phone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:04 am

Most states already have such laws. Usually something like "careless driving" or some such. I think the cell phone laws are are so that offense can be singled out for a higher penalty. It's been a while since I checked, but in here in Jersey, the driver's manual stated something like you were required to keep both hands on the wheel at all times unless operating the vehicle (which I presume meant unless you were shifting gears or flipping someone the bird). So technically, if I changed the radio station, I was breaking the law. They'll never take me alive!
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:37 am

If it's something that only requires one hand I don't see a problem. But if they're spreading out a tablecloth with the chicken, green beans, mac & cheese & potato salad that's another thing.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:40 am

Yeah...I don't know anybody who does it but I also have not heard of a lot of people who do it either.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:45 pm

If your munching on a sandwhich then I guess its o.k but really, you should not be doing ANYTHING while at the wheel but driving.
Back to top Go down
stonestatic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
stonestatic

Male
Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:12 pm

I don't see a problem with scarfing down some fries while driving, or taking an occasional sip. Those things only require one hand and don't really divert your attention the way cell phones do.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Depends on what it is. If it's something that can be picked up in one hand and doesn't require you to keep holding like, like the fries or drink stonestatic mentioned, I don't see it as as much of a problem, and only when driving conditions are good, but anything more complicated would be a concern. I was watching something on TV and they were talking about unsafe practises and someone called in to say they'd seen a woman breastfeeding, texting an eating a sandwich while driving. She was steering with her knees, apparently. still not sure how she was able to do all that, as it seems it would take at least three hands just to breastfeed, text and eat, let alone try and drive.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:51 pm

I don't think laws should go so far as to outlaw it, but it is dangerous and distracting if it is something like a fast food burger that is going to be slipping out of its wrap.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:58 pm

It is legal in my state to eat and drive, but I do it anyway. < shrugs >
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:02 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:

Sorry Cat...I'm not sure what you meant.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:14 am

alan smithee wrote:
CatEyes10736 wrote:

Sorry Cat...I'm not sure what you meant.

My mistake, was typing too fast and didn't proof. Meant to say that it's ILLEGAL in my state to drive and eat, but I do it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:17 am

That's what I thought you meant. Hey, but please be extra careful. You're driving for two now! bear hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?   Eating while driving, should it be outlawed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating while driving, should it be outlawed?
Page 1 of 1