CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Johnny and Marty today

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Johnny and Marty today Empty Johnny and Marty today

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Ok so Marty pours her heart out to Johnny who just sits there like the Mummy. Then she says she hates to lay this all on HIM!!!!!! DUH!!! Last I heard it takes two to make a baby so why should she not lay it on HIM!!! If he was so irresponsible as to not use a condom during sex then poor Johnny has to fess up and accept his part in creating this situation. The whole time Marty is talking he is just sitting there with that dumbo look on his face not saying a word. I can't stand Johnny, he is boring and adds nothing to the show. I wish he would just go away with Natty on 3 hour tour on the Minnow.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Johnny and Marty today Empty Re: Johnny and Marty today

Post by stavdash Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:39 pm

If someone were to strike a match on John's hand, he would probably just vapidly leer at them. He stood there like she was proposing that they switch cellphone providers. What's even more wearisome is that when she loses the baby, the writers will probably make it about his loss.

I don't know why ABCD see's Michael Easton as worthy of being some kind of leading man, simply because he played a vampire on another soap that was cancelled a decade ago damn near.
    tandmfan
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by tandmfan Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:33 pm

I loved the John/Marty scenes yesterday. The conversation that Marty had with John seemed realistic of what a real conversation might sound like by a women who found out she was pregnant confiding her fears to somebody who isn't capable of commitment and feels trapped. SH was amazing at conveying Marty's fear about being alone in her pregnancy. ME's acting style made John even more unsympathetic in the story line, but it served as a great contrast to SH's acting style and just enhanced her performance as yesterdays scenes were about Marty's fears and insecurities regarding their relationship and her pregnancy.
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

Post by ForeverJash Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:39 pm

tandmfan wrote:I loved the John/Marty scenes yesterday. The conversation that Marty had with John seemed realistic of what a real conversation might sound like by a women who found out she was pregnant confiding her fears to somebody who isn't capable of commitment and feels trapped. SH was amazing at conveying Marty's fear about being alone in her pregnancy. ME's acting style made John even more unsympathetic in the story line, but it served as a great contrast to SH's acting style and just enhanced her performance as yesterdays scenes were about Marty's fears and insecurities regarding their relationship and her pregnancy.

Yeah. I know they're unpopular with viewers, but I actually like Jarty. I feel like John and Marty have an ADULT relationship that isn't about codependency. Sadly the writers and viewers think that kind of sophistication is boring and decided to put him back with Natalie for reheated stale drama. I think they bring out each others WORSE traits and both look despicable together.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:57 am

stavdash wrote:If someone were to strike a match on John's hand, he would probably just vapidly leer at them. He stood there like she was proposing that they switch cellphone providers. What's even more wearisome is that when she loses the baby, the writers will probably make it about his loss.

I don't know why ABCD see's Michael Easton as worthy of being some kind of leading man, simply because he played a vampire on another soap that was cancelled a decade ago damn near.

I don't get it either.

So much of the show hinges on John: the cop...the tortured hero...the faux-brooding vigilante...the tragic lover...and the overemotional women who wantonly latch onto his feet.

Plus ABCD acts like they'd be willing to fire the entire cast of OLTL to placate keeping Easton on the payroll (I wouldn't be surprised if his salary was more than Slezak's.)
    I can see it now: John silently walking around a dimly lit LPD, while ME's voice narrates the whole thing.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:09 pm

tandmfan wrote:I loved the John/Marty scenes yesterday. The conversation that Marty had with John seemed realistic of what a real conversation might sound like by a women who found out she was pregnant confiding her fears to somebody who isn't capable of commitment and feels trapped. SH was amazing at conveying Marty's fear about being alone in her pregnancy. ME's acting style made John even more unsympathetic in the story line, but it served as a great contrast to SH's acting style and just enhanced her performance as yesterdays scenes were about Marty's fears and insecurities regarding their relationship and her pregnancy.

Far as I am concerned, Susan Haskell was the only actor in that scene.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:41 am