Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?

Go down 
+8
Forgiveness Man
Shale
Nystyle709
MandyPerfumeGirl
Tony Marino
Supernova
Nhaiyel
Chris
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? Empty
PostSubject: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:16 am

Do you think the attitudes of kids (under the age of eighteen), and the overall youth culture, has significantly changed since you were a kid (under eighteen.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:08 pm

It's always trendy for an adult to say that kids are worse today than they were when you were their age, but to be perfectly honest, I don't think much has changed in the last fifteen years or so since I was a teenager. The difference is that now I look at "youth culture" through the critiquing eyes of an adult, and even if the way that they act today pinches at my nerves, the truth is that most of what they do now they were doing when I was their age.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Well when I was a kid, I only knew ONE kid who talked back to his parents and was never punished and even when he was, didn't care, still did whatever he want, most of the other kids I knew listened to their parents and didn't mouth off and knew how to behave themselves, but now I see kids like that almost everywhere I go, none of them have one clue about anything and that scares the hell out of me that that's what's going to be bringing the next generation into this world.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:31 pm

150 times worse.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:55 pm

I'm not really sure if kids today are worse than when I was a child. My generation, in my opinion (and of course there are exceptions), is pretty damn awful. I grew up in a town full of almost any kind of prejudice you can imagine: homophobia, racism, etc. Those are the sort of kids I grew up with and I'm so glad I turned out to be the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Chris wrote:
Do you think the attitudes of kids (under the age of eighteen), and the overall youth culture, has significantly changed since you were a kid (under eighteen.)

Hell yeah. We weren't this stupid when I was a young'n.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Chris wrote:

I couldn't say with certainty. There's a lot of teens out there and the only one I really know is my youngest grandson, who has pretty much the values that I grew up in. He's a good kid, about to turn 20 next month, but I got to know him on many trips around the States and Caribbean cruises from the age of 14.

Here he is at 14.

Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? Dc05-05kevrobnatmall
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:38 pm

I doubt there is too much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Chris wrote:

They're much worse now.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:51 am

Today's kids have a much greater sense of entitlement than when I was growing up. Manners are almost non-existant nowadays and kidsare a lot less polite. Sure there are exceptions, but I'd say that far more kids fit that than when I was a kid. The kinds of things that got you sent to tne principal's office with a phone call home are nothing nowadays - par for the course. More and more of today's parents seem to prefer to be their child's best friend than a parent. Also, I've seen kids get in trouble at school - stealing, vandalism, and so on, and when the parents are called, they make excuses or blame others. Kids also have a lot more than kids did a generation ago - cell phones, their own gamving systems, TVs, and so forth. They're a lot more materialistc than when I was a kid. Also, there's a reason obesity is on the rise. I remember the odd child who was obses when I went to school, but now there are more and more kids. I saw one girl who had such a big tummy she actually looked pregnant! I think, while there are exceptions, kids are worse-off today than they were even a generation ago.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:00 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
Today's kids have a much greater sense of entitlement than when I was growing up. Manners are almost non-existant nowadays and kidsare a lot less polite. Sure there are exceptions, but I'd say that far more kids fit that than when I was a kid. The kinds of things that got you sent to tne principal's office with a phone call home are nothing nowadays - par for the course. More and more of today's parents seem to prefer to be their child's best friend than a parent. Also, I've seen kids get in trouble at school - stealing, vandalism, and so on, and when the parents are called, they make excuses or blame others. Kids also have a lot more than kids did a generation ago - cell phones, their own gamving systems, TVs, and so forth. They're a lot more materialistc than when I was a kid. Also, there's a reason obesity is on the rise. I remember the odd child who was obses when I went to school, but now there are more and more kids. I saw one girl who had such a big tummy she actually looked pregnant! I think, while there are exceptions, kids are worse-off today than they were even a generation ago.

I co-sign.

You're right about kids being obese. I can only remember one fat kid from my childhood and he wasn't fat by today's standards.

Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:29 am

I think that kids today are less active, have less interaction with their parents and in person interaction with their friends, plus WAY more digital interaction with their friends so they are constantly "plugged in". Teenagers today are also coming up in a totally different economy than I did...I could quit my job and find another the next day because the economy was great when I was coming of age...I've read that there is a lot of hopelessness related to the lack of opportunities for teenagers today.

Do they have worse attitudes? IDK...I guess it just depends on the kid.

I think that adults pretty much ALWAYS say that the current teenagers are worse than they were years ago, I've read quotes from the 1800's where old timers were saying the exact same things that people do now.

Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:33 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:

I cosign on this too and that's why if I have kids I am NOT going to raise them so they can be just like everyone else because let's face it, everyone else is going to hell in a handbasket these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?   Are kids better or worse today than when you were one? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are kids better or worse today than when you were one?
Page 1 of 1