Should Chris get rid of the rep system? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Chris get rid of the rep system?

Go down 
+12
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
Impact
MEWarner
Shale
RedBedroom
CeCe
Chris
TPP
Alan Smithee
RobbieFTW
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

Should Chris get rid of the rep system? Empty
PostSubject: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 8:40 pm

I was looking at my prof. and saw that i had 2 neg reps and was shocked. WHO neg repped me and why? LOL
It aint that serious and i dont really care but i am kinda curious about it. I never gave anybody a "-" vote.

What do you all think of the pos/neg rep thing?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Either way. I've been on another site where they called them "karma". They eventually went away too. I've only given "thanks" and +'s.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 8:58 pm

What are the reps for? I think it would be nice if it were like a "like" button where you can see who gave it to you and for what, but you can't as far as I know.

I only gave one person a "-" and it was a new person who seemed to be really mean about everything. Like he didn't have anything nice to say about anything to anyone and he said something that really annoyed me so I "-"'d him...It wasn't you though, it was someone that I haven't seen since.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:07 pm

^ LOL
Its ok TPP, i didnt think it was you and really i dont care who it was or why like i said in the OP. That was just me playing around. But i was wondering what everybody thought about the +/- thing. I'm not much of a msg board person, this is the only one i post at regularly but i have seen boards where people bitch about how others gave them neg votes. LOL
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:11 pm

TPP, they must have been bad for you to give them a negative Wink (but I think I know who you mean and they deserved it.)

Last edited by alan smithee on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:12 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:
^ LOL
Its ok TPP, i didnt think it was you and really i dont care who it was or why like i said in the OP. That was just me playing around. But i was wondering what everybody thought about the +/- thing. I'm not much of a msg board person, this is the only one i post at regularly but i have seen boards where people bitch about how others gave them neg votes. LOL

haha, I didn't think that you thought it was me, but then I thought, "Oh I better tell him it wasn't me" after I admitted to doing it to someone else.

That person was the closest thing to a troll that I've seen around here...

The other board that I frequent doesn't have any voting, but people can put other people in their "parent tank" if they like what they say and then whenever someone in your pt posts you can see what they posted. Then one day one of the people in my PT posted something racist and I was like "WTF???" and stopped pting people for fear that I would be associated with them and they might say something horrible. I still have like 200 people in there but I think almost 500 have pt'd me and now and then I get a message like "Did you delete me?" when I never ever added them in the first place blushing
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:13 pm

alan smithee wrote:
TPP, they must have been bad for you to give them a negative Wink (but I think I know who you mean and they deserved it.)

you're probably right because there was a clear difference between this person's posts and someone who is just a blunt, "tell it like I see it type" like Nystyle for example, who I like.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:17 pm

So far it hasn't been much of an issue as far as I can tell, but if it ever does then what I will do is disable the option to vote down posts. I see nothing wrong with allowing people to give out positive votes to posts that they liked, but sometime posters (not talking about here) will vote down posts as a way to spite the people they don't like. I really hope that doesn't happen here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:28 pm

^^^The man is a genius. clapping
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:11 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:
I was looking at my prof. and saw that i had 2 neg reps and was shocked. WHO neg repped me and why? LOL
It aint that serious and i dont really care but i am kinda curious about it. I never gave anybody a "-" vote.

What do you all think of the pos/neg rep thing?

Well it certainly wasn't me. Maybe somebody saw your avi & had their delicate sensibilities overwhelmed. I got no idea why people do the things they do. Hell that avi deserves its own "+" rep. I've never given a "-". A post would have to be crazy bad.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:53 pm

I don't use it much, but have been using the + more lately. I never leave a negative.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:08 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
I don't use it much, but have been using the + more lately. I never leave a negative.
I'm trying to remember to + people when I like what they say more often. I just forget about it.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:18 pm

I think you asked a question about it, TPP. Or some question related to liking a person's post. That is how I found out it was there!
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:25 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
I think you asked a question about it, TPP. Or some question related to liking a person's post. That is how I found out it was there!

lol, me too!
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 11:54 pm

alan smithee wrote:
co-signs Yeah, prolly that asstroll who offended a bunch of us. I never thot of giving him a neg rep. He either left or got banned. Can't even remember what he called himself.

As for reps, I never pay them any attention and never do them. Am I a bad netizen?

If they are anonymous then they are worthless as far as I can tell. I don't see any use for them. Now I am on another forum board where you leave a msg with your + or - and it tells who gave you the rep. Now that is a good communication and ppl have to have conviction to give a neg, knowing that the person you burn will know.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:13 am

Shale wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
co-signs Yeah, prolly that asstroll who offended a bunch of us. I never thot of giving him a neg rep. He either left or got banned. Can't even remember what he called himself.

As for reps, I never pay them any attention and never do them. Am I a bad netizen?

If they are anonymous then they are worthless as far as I can tell. I don't see any use for them. Now I am on another forum board where you leave a msg with your + or - and it tells who gave you the rep. Now that is a good communication and ppl have to have conviction to give a neg, knowing that the person you burn will know.

I didn't know if the person would know or not, but in the moment I didn't care. I was thinking "where is the dislike button when you need one?" then I looked at the + and noticed the - and got all excited because I didn't want to "feed the troll" but I didn't like a person coming in and being the way that he was being either. Now I feel a little mean though since no one else has ever used it...But oh well. Obviously someone did because OP has 2 of them and they weren't from me!
Back to top Go down
MEWarner
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
MEWarner

Female
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:18 am

I'm not too familiar with this feature much, but I've got two so far whatever that means I'm not really sure. I'm guessing it's like kinda like a karma thing though I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://docwarnerfan.livejournal.com/
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:27 am

MEWarner wrote:
I'm not too familiar with this feature much, but I've got two so far whatever that means I'm not really sure. I'm guessing it's like kinda like a karma thing though I could be wrong.

Yes I think that if someone likes what you say, then they will give you a + Smile
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:06 am

I never even looked at mine. Now I have.

I still don't know how it works. Where does the rep come from - I got 66 of them - while I got 33 pos votes and 1 neg vote. If reps come from votes it should be 34. Unless it only counts the pos votes and two reps = one vote. IDK

Rep : 66
Positive votes received : 33
Negative votes received : 1
Thanks received : 1
Positive votes given : 1
Negative votes given : 0
Thanks given : 0

Then, what are points? I got over 1,800 of those.
Back to top Go down
MEWarner
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
MEWarner

Female
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:10 am

thepossiblepolice wrote:
MEWarner wrote:

Yes I think that if someone likes what you say, then they will give you a + Smile

ah thanks for letting me know Smile
Back to top Go down
http://docwarnerfan.livejournal.com/
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:11 am

Shale wrote:
I never even looked at mine. Now I have.

I still don't know how it works. Where does the rep come from - I got 66 of them - while I got 33 pos votes and 1 neg vote. If reps come from votes it should be 34. Unless it only counts the pos votes and two reps = one vote. IDK

Rep : 66
Positive votes received : 33
Negative votes received : 1
Thanks received : 1
Positive votes given : 1
Negative votes given : 0
Thanks given : 0

Then, what are points? I got over 1,800 of those.

lol, I didn't know how to look at mine so I pm'd OP and he told me Smile I asked him the same question too!
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:08 am

I don't pay much attention to it. I just checked my stats and have one negative vote, it is what it is. And what it is is not that serious.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:56 am

I could care less if I get negative votes you can't please everyone so it dosen't bother me in the least.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:14 am

Little surprise that the outcast poster receives lots of neg votes. Razz I got a ton of them and I think a lot of them have been from the same one or two people. (And since it says who does and doesn't give them, it's not too difficult to tell who usually) I rarely use the rep system at all. Have on a few occasions. I think the positive reps are workable, but the neg rep system just strikes me as kind of counterproductive for a board that values diverse viewpoints.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:25 am

Tony Marino wrote:
I could care less if I get negative votes you can't please everyone so it dosen't bother me in the least.

Tony, so help me. If someone ever gives you a negative vote, I will hunt them down like a dog!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Chris get rid of the rep system?   Should Chris get rid of the rep system? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Chris get rid of the rep system?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next