CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Jazzde
Dan70
FightSleep
JM130ELM
Marc™
CatEyes10736
AtownPeep
11 posters

Do men and women really understand each other?

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Do men and women really understand each other? Empty Do men and women really understand each other?

Post by AtownPeep Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:00 am

I think not, for the simple reason that men and women have different instincts due to different roles in human evolution, not to mention biology. Men and women can intellectualize all they want about the opposite gender, but they can't actually feel what it's like to be the other gender. Does anyone really dispute this, and if so, on what grounds?
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Do men and women really understand each other? Empty Re: Do men and women really understand each other?

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:23 am

Complete agreement here. We are just built differently; hence 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus'....I would never retreat to my inner cave when upset....I'd be in my inner kitchen throwing knives! LMAO JK
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Do men and women really understand each other? Empty Re: Do men and women really understand each other?

Post by Marc™ Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 am

Differences Between Man and Women

Names:
    If Mary, Susan, Claire and Barbara go out for lunch, they will call each other Mary, Susan, Claire and Barbara; If John, Brad, Tony and Daniel go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Bruno, Scrappy, Peanut-Head and Godzilla.

Eating Out:
    When the bill arrives, John, Brad, Tony and Daniel will each throw in $20, even though the total is only $34.25. None of them will have any smaller bills and none will admit they want change back; when Mary, Susan, Claire and Barbara get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.

Money:
    A man will pay $10 for a $5 item he needs; a woman will pay $5 for a $10 item that she doesn't need, because it's on sale.

Bathrooms:
    A man has five items in his bathroom: a toothbrush, razor, shaving cream, a bar of soap, and a towel from the Motel 6; the average number of items in a woman's bathroom is 328. The average man would not be able to identify most of them.

Arguments:
    Women always have the last word in an argument; anything a man adds after that is the beginning of a new argument.

Cats:
    Women love cats; Men only pretend to like cats when women are around, when they aren't looking, a men will throw/kick a cat out of his way.

Future:
    A woman worries about the future -- until she gets a husband; a man never worries about the future -- until he gets a wife.

Success:
    A successful man is one who makes more money than can be spent by his wife; a successful woman is one who can find a man who can do that.

Marriage:
    A woman marries a man hoping that he will change -- but he doesn't; a man marries a woman hoping that she won't change -- but she does.

Dressing Up:
    A woman will dress up when she goes shopping, empties the garbage, answers the phone, waters the plants, gets the mail and reads a book; a man will dress up for weddings and funerals.

Natural:
    Men wake up looking as good as when they went to bed; women will somehow deteriorate during the night.

Children:
    A woman knows all about her children. She knows about their best friends, romances, secret hopes and dreams, favorite foods, fears and dental appointments; a man is vaguely aware of some short people living in his house.

Thought for the Day:
    Married men should forget their mistakes. There is no need for two people to remember the same thing.

Yeah there is a big difference.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:54 am

By and large, men and women understand each other but just have alternative ways of taking in certain issues. I understand my girlfriend just fine and I think she gets how I'm gonna see things. We sometimes have opposite stances on certain matters, which usually results in a compromise. If one of us is blatantlyy wrong, then we eventually concede to the others more correct perspective. I think men & women balance each other out.
    FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Post by FightSleep Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:19 am

When a relationship ends, a woman will cry and pour her heart out to her girlfriends, and she will write a poem titled "All Men Are Idiots". Then she will get on with her life. A man has a little more trouble letting go. Six months after the break-up, at 3:00 a.m. on a Saturday night, he will call her drunk and say, "I just wanted to let you know you fucked up my life...I’ll never forgive you...I hate you...you’re a bitch and a slut. But I want you to know there’s always a chance for us".
    Dan70
    Dan70
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by Dan70 Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:32 pm

This is the deal...WOMEN see the world in the 256 million colors, like the Windows operating system. MEN see the world in 16 colors. Peach is a fruit, not a color, and we have no idea what Fuchsia is.

Men and women overall balance each other out with their yin and yang... When the right man and the right women are put together, then they'll understand each other... even if they still see things in a different way, they'll "get" why the other generally sees the world the way they do. However, most of the time the *right* man and *right* woman don't get together, so there is no understanding and that fuels the disconnect between the the sexes.
    Jazzde
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 1

Post by Jazzde Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:13 am

I would argue that the difference between men and women are more due to culture than biology. Let's face it... men are taught how to be men and women are taught how to be women. If we were taught something different we would act differently. It angers me so much that people actually believe that women are born loving pink and men are born loving blue. There are physical differences between men and women but the concept of gender is a man made concept to separate...like race.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:58 am

I honestly think men understand women more than women do men. And I say that as a woman. Even if men themselves do not see things the same way, they "get" that women are complex and have a more utopian way of processing things. On the other hand, women tend to have a harder time getting past their complicated, idealistic perception of the way things either are, or could be, to understand the more basic way that men think. That's why Babyface and Herby Luv Bug were able to write all Toni Braxton and Salt N Pepa songs.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:34 pm

stavdash wrote:I honestly really think men understand women more than women do men. And I say that as a woman. Even if men themselves don't see things the same way, they "get" that women are complex and have a more utopian way of seeing things. On the other hand, women tend to have a harder time getting past their complicated, idealistic perception of the way things either are or could be to understand the more basic way that men think. That's why Babyface and Herby Luv Bug were able to write all Toni Braxton and Salt N Pepa songs.

co-signs

Me personally, I think I understand men quite well. They're simple creatures. I don't know why it's so hard for women to understand "simple".
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:05 pm

bump
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:00 am

LMAO, that was a good thread!

Men and women, in no way shape or form, can really understand each other! We can ACCEPT that we do the things we do if we want to, but understanding WHY we do those things is a completely different ballgame!

For example, my man can ACCEPT that I have 50 pairs of shoes. He just can't understand why I keep buying them lol. He can ACCEPT that I don't want to watch him play Madden and Call of Duty for hours....but he just doesn't understand why I don't love them like he does!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:47 pm

The conservatives are right. Traditional marriage needs to be protected because if men could marry men there would be a groundswell of buddies getting married and enjoying their uncomplicated lives. (After their pickup games with other married buddies, they could even hit the pickup sites as a team - marriage ain't about sex anyway).

OK, maybe that's a joke, but men and women in successful marriages usually understand that there are differences between most guys and girls and they accommodate that instead of trying to change it. It is somewhat anatomy - our genders are hardwired to respond certain ways in certain situations. One can cross over that gender difference - and often do, but the mainstream pretty much stays on script.

Jazzde wrote:I would argue that the difference between men and women are more due to culture than biology. Let's face it... men are taught how to be men and women are taught how to be women. If we were taught something different we would act differently. It angers me so much that people actually believe that women are born loving pink and men are born loving blue. There are physical differences between men and women but the concept of gender is a man made concept to separate...like race.

This has proven wrong in multiple studies. Once hormones kick in and men and women grow their separate anatomy some of the hardwired responses also kick in. Culture can accentuate the aggressiveness in males (Why armies have tradtionally been male and the sports you want to watch are with the biggest, most aggressive males) and it can accent nurturing in women, but those innate traits are there to begin with just as a product of our primate evolution.

This assertion that men are just bigger, hairier women is one of those feminist beliefs that just isn't based on reality.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:43 am