"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?

Go down 
+5
Supernova
Alan Smithee
Shale
CeCe
MandyPerfumeGirl
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? Empty
PostSubject: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?   "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi all,

I used to believe that this was true, but I don't believe that's necessarily the case anymore. I think going through hard times and traumas can make a person stronger, but I also think that, with other people, it can really break their soul beyond repair.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?   "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:56 pm

To a degree..it's our experiences & how we react to them that make us who we are. Some people are crushed & can't recover. They cling to the past their entire life while others are able to overcome & become a better person for it.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?   "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? EmptySun May 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Fredrick Nietzsche was spouting some Germanic platitude when he came up with that one. It is a good axiom to make you dust yourself off and continue on life's course,

But never forget that:

What doesn't kill you ... still sucks.

Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?   "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:44 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:
Hi all,

I used to believe that this was true, but I don't believe that's necessarily the case anymore. I think going through hard times and traumas can make a person stronger, but I also think that, with other people, it can really break their soul beyond repair.
What do you think?

Then it "killed" them. Sometimes you eat the bear. Sometimes the bear eats you.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?   "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:55 pm

alan smithee wrote:
...Sometimes you eat the bear. Sometimes the bear eats you.
And sometimes double entendres (intended or not) are too good to go unnoticed. overjoyed
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?   "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:00 pm

If the saying is true then before long we're going to be damn near invincible.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?   "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:23 pm

CeCe wrote:
To a degree..it's our experiences & how we react to them that make us who we are. Some people are crushed & can't recover. They cling to the past their entire life while others are able to overcome & become a better person for it.

ITA with this so I guess the saying is true. Your experiences can shut you down and "kill" you, or you can find a way to rise above them and become stronger. I think that parts of you can be "killed" off, without the whole person shutting down, though. You might close yourself off to one area of your life, but not others, like love, if you've been burned.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?   "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:17 am

I agree for the most part.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?   "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:33 pm

I agree to a point. But not all of the things we go through ulitmately make us stronger. I am a glass half full type of person, so I always try to look for the life lesson in the bad stuff. But sometimes, it is more freeing to just say, "That sucked, glad it's over."
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?   "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:00 pm

I think it's true for the most part. Everyone's situation is different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?   "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false? Empty

Back to top Go down

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger": True or false?
Page 1 of 1