Autotuner - Opinions? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Autotuner - Opinions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Autotuner - Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Autotuner - Opinions?   Autotuner - Opinions? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:40 am

What are your thoughts on the use of "auto-tune" by singers?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Tune

Auto-tune is basically a sound processor that can alter/correct the pitch of a singer.

It has been said that "It's an exasperating practice that, similar to lip-syncing, is profoundly transparent and effectively hollow and so cliche it's both expected and distracting.""

It has also been said to "provide a safety net that guarantees a good performance"
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Autotuner - Opinions?   Autotuner - Opinions? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:48 pm

I think if a person can't actually sing live with their real voice they should be in another business.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Autotuner - Opinions?   Autotuner - Opinions? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:50 pm

Auto-tune gets annoying......quick. I'll admit to liking a few of T-Pain's songs and I'll even tolerate him on hooks, but I definitely can't listen to a full album of that shit.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Autotuner - Opinions?   Autotuner - Opinions? EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:01 am

Auto-tune is obnoxious.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Autotuner - Opinions?   Autotuner - Opinions? EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:13 am

One of the many things (replacing the vocoder) that came into prominence over the past 10-20 years that's made music a joke. Only Roger Troutman and Zapp got away with it. I disliked it when Teddy Riley would do it in Guy/Blackstreet and I dislike when T-Pain/Kanye do it today. T-Pain has no talent, so I can understand why he'd do it. He can't sing, he can't rap and ain't good looking enough to rely on image - something had to be his niche. But people like Kanye doing it kills me. Anyone who has just a decent amount of vocal skills shouldn't be trying to get cute with that autotune bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autotuner - Opinions?   Autotuner - Opinions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Autotuner - Opinions?
Page 1 of 1