Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should therapy be regularly encouraged?

Go down 
+3
Tony Marino
Supernova
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  Empty
PostSubject: Should therapy be regularly encouraged?    Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:43 am

Is therapy, in your opinion, generally a good recommendation for people who're even slightly angst-ridden, or do you think it's over recommended? Do you (personally) put much stock into speaking to counselors?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Should therapy be regularly encouraged?    Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:35 am

I think it's overrecommended, I would be very interested to know if it wasn't costing people $200 an hour, how often WOULD it be encouraged? And by whom? If the services were free, would therapists be only too happy to have a lot of patients?
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Should therapy be regularly encouraged?    Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:45 am

For some people yes.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Should therapy be regularly encouraged?    Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Chris wrote:
Is therapy, in your opinion, generally a good recommendation for people who're even slightly angst-ridden, or do you think it's over recommended? Do you (personally) put much stock into speaking to counselors?

Yes, some people really do need therapy, and if they go in with an open mind, they can take away something from it that hopefully will give them some peace. Do I think it's over-recommended? No, I don't think so - and if people think they're recommended for a service they don't really need/want, then they don't have to go; nobody's putting a gun to their head.

As for putting much stock into counselors, for me personally, I don't. I've seen many social workers and counselors over the last ten years or so for various issues and in my experiences they've tried to make my feelings and perceptions feel invalid, so I've pretty much given up on those people and decided to wrestle with my own issues myself. I'm all for it, though, if other people do it and get something out of it.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should therapy be regularly encouraged?    Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm

I think it is really great for people who find a professional they are willing to talk to and be open with and have that safe feeling to do so.

I think just about anyone can benefit from it, so I don't think it is recommended too much.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Should therapy be regularly encouraged?    Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:56 pm

For some folks. Massage therapy should definitely be encouraged.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Should therapy be regularly encouraged?    Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:59 pm

Chris wrote:

No
Sometimes
No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should therapy be regularly encouraged?    Should therapy be regularly encouraged?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Should therapy be regularly encouraged?
Page 1 of 1