CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Chris
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Supernova
Shale
TSJFan4Ever
RedBedroom
CatEyes10736
13 posters

Have you ever been trapped inside an elevator?

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Have you ever been trapped inside an elevator? Empty Have you ever been trapped inside an elevator?

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Have you ever rode an elevator that suddenly stopped moving or the door wouldn't open. I haven't, but that's always a fear of mine when I get on those things. They're also talking about it on 20/20.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Have you ever been trapped inside an elevator? Empty Re: Have you ever been trapped inside an elevator?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:47 pm

That would be so scary. I have never had that happen.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Have you ever been trapped inside an elevator? Empty Re: Have you ever been trapped inside an elevator?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:16 am

No - but my Mom and I came withing a couple of minutes of being trapped. It was thanksgiving and we came up in the elevator. We turned on the pots and pans to get things started - turkey had been in the oven all afternoon - and within 5 minutes the power went out. Had we been 5 minutes later, we'd probably have been trapped, which would NOT have been good as the power was out for something like 2 hours. We eventually got supper on and had a late dinner, though we were wondering if we'd be eating just the turkey, as it was almost done when the power went out.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:37 am

Years ago I got stuck in one for about half an hour. Luckily I was the only one in it. Would hate to be in a crowded elevator that stopped - you know where you couldn't possibly sit down. I just stretched out on the floor and waited for maintenance to get me out.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:18 am

I haven't been in an elevator since I was a baby in the hospital and I don't plan to be in one again.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:55 am

Very, VERY briefly. And it was scary.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:00 am

Not yet. Ever hear about the guy who was stuck in one for 41 hours? Look up Nicholas White.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:58 am

Yes once. It stopped just as it was going up. I pushed the alarm button, told the security guard that I was stuck. They took their sweet time coming so I pried the doors open. It had stopped half way up from the first floor ledge up so I was able to just jump out on to the floor.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:59 am

Hasn't happened to me, but it's a good idea to always have a charged cellphone on you when you get inside an elevator.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:16 am

Hasn't happened to me either....but I don't think I'd be scared that much. It depends on what floor I was stopped on. If it stopped on the second or third floor, I'd be straight.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:05 pm

Yes. At the gym I go to, the elevator is tends to act flaky and the rides are not that smooth. Once I got in, and on the way up it just hung for several minutes. I used the emergency phone and as I was describing the situation it finally crept all the way up to the floor and the door opened.

Quasi-scary as it was....I still continue to use that elevator from time to time.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:01 pm

It's funny. One of the Final Destination movies didn't bother me at all but I can't view an elevator the same way after Devil. I'm just glad to get off them. lol
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:57 am

hasnt happened to me

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:03 pm