CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
zthatzmanz28
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Forgiveness Man
Shale
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Chris
13 posters

Why do you want to live in another state?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Why do you want to live in another state? Empty Why do you want to live in another state?

Post by Chris Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:11 am

If you aspire to someday pack up and leave your current state, why do you want to leave?

Where do you want to go, and why there?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Why do you want to live in another state? Empty Re: Why do you want to live in another state?

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:15 am

It's nothing I aspire to do, but I don't think there is any way we will be able to afford to live here when we retire (if we ever do.) Maybe across the river to PA or NY but who knows.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Why do you want to live in another state? Empty Re: Why do you want to live in another state?

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:34 am

Alan Smithee wrote:It's nothing I aspire to do, but I don't think there is any way we will be able to afford to live here when we retire (if we ever do.) Maybe across the river to PA or NY but who knows.

NY???? Alan you must be joking!!! Its getting impossible to live here now!
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:36 am

Not another American state, no...

NYC is cool, and Chicago probably is as well. But I strongly dislike America. I'm content where I am for now, but even that's changing.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:38 am

Chris wrote:If you aspire to someday pack up and leave your current state, why do you want to leave?

Where do you want to go, and why there?

I am not in love with Florida, full of redneck, conservative, babble thumping, sex negative, Reptilians.

But, where would I go? Where else can I go to the beach in February? Hawaii is about the only alt for me.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:39 am

California?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:41 am

I would like to eventually live on the West Coast. After living the fast life here on the East Coast, it will be nice to live in an environment where life is slower and I don't have to shovel anymore snow!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:46 am

Tony Marino wrote:...where life is slower and I don't have to shovel anymore snow!
    We got Century Village down here. big grin
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:51 am

Shale wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:...where life is slower and I don't have to shovel anymore snow!

What is a Century Village?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:57 am

I'm pretty content here. If I ever leave, it'll likely be cause it got a little too blue.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Alan Smithee wrote:It's nothing I aspire to do, but I don't think there is any way we will be able to afford to live here when we retire (if we ever do.) Maybe across the river to PA or NY but who knows.

LOL. Not in one of the 5 boroughs!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I'm pretty content here. If I ever leave, it'll likely be cause it got a little too blue.

You need to eventually move to Greenwich Village here in NY for some cultural experiences Lil Bro. big grin
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:

LOL. Not in one of the 5 boroughs!

Yeah maybe way way way upstate where the farmland is.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:31 pm

i wouldnt move to another stated
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:59 pm

I want to leave Michigan, simply because there isn't a lot to do here, the weather is too temperamental during the fall/winter season, and because it's too much of a republican state.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Shale wrote:

What is a Century Village?

A nice, slow condominium complex. Uh, you might have to lie about ur age. blank stare @ you
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Chris wrote:I want to leave Michigan, simply because there isn't a lot to do here, the weather is too temperamental during the fall/winter season, and because it's too much of a republican state.

And go...?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Never thought I'd see the day where I would say I want to leave NYC, but I do. It ain't the same. It's gotten too expensive. Our mayor and previous mayor just fucked up the integrity and snark of the city. Doesn't have the same magic anymore. I'll prob. stay in New York State though. My goal is to eventually settle further upstate....like Rockland, Putnam, and Orange county. Not too far from the city, but far enough.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:20 am

I grew up in Michigan. Spent my whole life traveling at some point. My parents always did our annual summer trips out west, Florida, northern Michigan, and else where.
    I loved riding cross country via bicycle in 1982. I saw a lot of places I would love to see again and hang out.
    As an adult I looked for opportunities to continue traveling. I took my first job out of state with HUffy bicycle, as a trainer / assembly tech--going to Pennsylvania and again to Delaware. Several years later I was back in Pennsylvania for a different job. This one took me to St. Michael's Maryland for several months then to Yeehaw Junction Florida.
    I loved living in Madison Wisconsin and Boulder COlorado. Now I am in North Carolina (been here since 2009) and will be returning to Michigan 2012.

I guess I would live just about any place (except Camden NJ) where I could make enough to pay the bills and save to move on to the next town.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:05 am

zthatzmanz28 wrote:I grew up in Michigan. Spent my whole life traveling at some point. My parents always did our annual summer trips out west, Florida, northern Michigan, and else where.
    I loved riding cross country via bicycle in 1982. I saw a lot of places I would love to see again and hang out.
    As an adult I looked for opportunities to continue traveling. I took my first job out of state with HUffy bicycle, as a trainer / assembly tech--going to Pennsylvania and again to Delaware. Several years later I was back in Pennsylvania for a different job. This one took me to St. Michael's Maryland for several months then to Yeehaw Junction Florida.
    I loved living in Madison Wisconsin and Boulder COlorado. Now I am in North Carolina (been here since 2009) and will be returning to Michigan 2012.

I guess I would live just about any place (except Camden NJ) where I could make enough to pay the bills and save to move on to the next town.

You worked as a trainer for Huffy after traveling cross country via bicycle? That seems so interesting! Though I have to ask what you loved about Madison, WI? I can't stand Madison. Though my time there is limited, I always ask Madison lovers why they love it because the novelty is lost on me.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:51 am

To be someplace warm for winter instead of freezing half to death.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:49 am

Supernova wrote:To be someplace warm for winter instead of freezing half to death.
    big grin
    < (That Av pic was taken Dec. 24th)
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:05 am

Not exactly sure where I'd go but I am tired of living in this often embarrassing inbred homophobic bible thumping state. I'd have to win the lottery to afford to move unfortunately. So I play & in the meantime hope for some kind of change in the make up of the state legislature.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:10 am

CeCe wrote:Not exactly sure where I'd go but I am tired of living in this often embarrassing inbred homophobic bible thumping state. I'd have to win the lottery to afford to move unfortunately. So I play & in the meantime hope for some kind of change in the make up of the state legislature.

Which state?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:04 pm

NJ is too damn expensive with everything from car insurance to property taxes. The weather is unpredictable too. On tues/wed last week it was 15 degrees and Thurs was 65! When we get snow we dont just get a few inches, it seems like we get feet for two days and then it goes back up to the 60s and melts away. (not that i want snow, but i dont want feet of it either).

I have an aunt in south carolina who has a huge house with an acre of land she only paid $70k for---that is dirty cheap compared to NJ. Her taxes are $500 per year and she pays $600 for full coverage car insurance on 2 vehicles and two drivers. For the same house to be transported to NJ, it would be about $250k for the house, and $10k for the taxes... and $2200 per year for the car insurance.

My problem with moving would be the job. I make a good living and if i transferred then i would get to keep my income. However looking for jobs in this economy, and especially one that would be equivalent to what i make would be nearly impossible.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:36 pm