CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
wants2laugh
Nystyle709
Chris
Alan Smithee
Bluesmama
Tony Marino
Supernova
11 posters

When you were a kid, did you go to bed when you were told to?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

When you were a kid, did you go to bed when you were told to? Empty When you were a kid, did you go to bed when you were told to?

Post by Supernova Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:29 pm

I don't think I ever did, I always hated it and always wanted to stay up later. So, because our parents stayed downstairs watching TV for about an hour or so, I'd get out of bed and go over to my brother's room and we'd stay up and talk or play with his glow-in-the-dark Legos until we heard them coming, then I'd dash back to my room and pretend to be asleep. Other times I just stayed up and looked around the room in the dark, determined to stay up all night. And during my night-light phase I would get out my magazines and read them and make shadow puppets and stuff like that. I think I very rarely ever actually went to bed when I was told to.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

When you were a kid, did you go to bed when you were told to? Empty Re: When you were a kid, did you go to bed when you were told to?

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:34 pm

In my house as a kid you had better go to bed when you were told!
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

When you were a kid, did you go to bed when you were told to? Empty Re: When you were a kid, did you go to bed when you were told to?

Post by Bluesmama Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Usually with some resistance because I liked being up late. And I still fight going to bed even today. It's my way of prolonging the next work day.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Until I was about 8 it usually wasn't a problem because I could see the reflection of the TV in the living room in my bedroom window so I would just lie there watching TV anyway. My parents never caught on. big grin
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:25 pm

By and large. There was some procrastination, but I rarely made my parents tell me to go a third time.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:01 pm

For the most part.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:12 am

I was always a night person. I remember when i was 4 or 5, my sister and I would stay up and watch Soap and SNL. Even in high school I would get to sleep around 4 or 5am, and have to be out of the house by 7:30.

Today I get out of work at midnight and head to bed at 5am, so nothing has changed.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:26 am

bump
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:17 am

Tony Marino wrote:In my house as a kid you had better go to bed when you were told!
    co-signs
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:57 am

Since I had no bedroom, yes I always went to bed when it was time. I also promptly went to sleep even if people were in the room chatting. Short of a fire engine in the room I doubt that I would have awakened. As an adult I actually did sleep through all sorts of noises, the only thing that woke me was the kids whispering or standing looking at me. Now I have to sleep with ear plugs.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:15 pm

Some nights I was easier to get into bed than others. Sometimes my parents were really casual about telling me to go and enforcing it, and other times they weren't playing. In situations like the first, I would sometimes play around with them but in situations like the second, I would just go.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:42 am

Pretty much, yea.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:43 am

Pretty much, yea.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Yep.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:48 am