CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
GrayWolf
Shale
CeCe
RobbieFTW
Cheaps
Chris
10 posters

Has anyone ever told your business?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Has anyone ever told your business? Empty Has anyone ever told your business?

Post by Chris Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 am

Have you ever had a friend or a relative who blurted something out about in you in public that you would have rather been kept quiet? It happened to me when I seventeen, after my ex-girlfriend became pregnant with my daughter. I remember my parents threw a memorial day barbecue and invited a bunch a extended family. I get there, and out of nowhere my aunts are grilling me my girlfriend being pregnant, asking if the drug stores were closed, and talking about how if I kept thinking with my penis, it was going to fall off. My blabbermouth dad had gone and basically spilled the beans. I was mad. When you're a teenage father-to-be, though, you're in no position to levy vitriol at your parents for their loose lips about it, so I just had to suck it up. I think I did say something about not appreciating the ambush, and my mom just looked at me like "so?" They weren't happy with me at the time.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Has anyone ever told your business? Empty Re: Has anyone ever told your business?

Post by Cheaps Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:34 am

^^ so now u decide to throw in story bout urself Smile

but yea i have an aunt who likes to tell everybodys business thas why i tell her very little
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Has anyone ever told your business? Empty Re: Has anyone ever told your business?

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:58 am

Yeah my sister outed me to my mom after she saw a pic of me and my ex that I stupidly was carrying around in my school book.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:15 am

Yep. Had someone share information about a medical issue with a neighbor that he knew damn well I hated. Found out quick they're the type who can't keep a secret or private info private. So I pretty much quit telling them anything.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:30 am

I'm pretty much out there, so no real secrets for family to divulge.

Openly bi, couldn't hide my wife's beautiful brown skin even if I wanted, smoked dope (and inhaled), dropped a lot of pills and had casual sex with just about anyone in the '60s and '70s.

So, no never had family tell any secrets about me.

Now I have secrets that I can't divulge about others in the family.
    Blue Cool
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:43 am

^ co-signs
    I'm a pretty open book and haven't the interest to hide anything. It would hard to tell on me.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Chris wrote:Have you ever had a friend or a relative who blurted something out about in you in public that you would have rather been kept quiet? It happened to me when I seventeen, after my ex-girlfriend became pregnant with my daughter. I remember my parents threw a memorial day barbecue and invited a bunch a extended family. I get there, and out of nowhere my aunts are grilling me my girlfriend being pregnant, asking if the drug stores were closed, and talking about how if I kept thinking with my penis, it was going to fall off. My blabbermouth dad had gone and basically spilled the beans. I was mad. When you're a teenage father-to-be, though, you're in no position to levy vitriol at your parents for their loose lips about it, so I just had to suck it up. I think I did say something about not appreciating the ambush, and my mom just looked at me like "so?" They weren't happy with me at the time.

Yeah, sometimes you just have to suck it up when you're the one who screwed up. Still, I might have told my mother, "Thanks, Grandma."
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:02 pm

When I found out I was pregnant, I only told his father and a girl that I spent a lot of time with and was very close friends with. I had asked her not to tell all the people that we hung out with together, as they were just party friends and I did not them to know until I had fully adjusted to the news myself. But that very night, she went and told everyone and I felt very betrayed by that.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:47 pm

RedBedroom wrote:... I had asked her not to tell all the people that we hung out with together, as they were just party friends and I did not them to know until I had fully adjusted to the news myself. But that very night, she went and told everyone and I felt very betrayed by that.
    There was an old sexist joke in my youth. How do you get the news out to everyone. Telegraph, Telephone, Television, Tell a woman.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:56 pm

LOL, Shale.

I have observed that many men are no strangers to gossip a lot of the time.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:06 pm

Yep. Which is why I keep most things to myself that I don't want people to know. I have a very nosy ass family and some friends that are equally as nosy. I can be too, but I get my info in other ways.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:16 pm

I don't think I have, like you describe. But I think I've had something that felt similarly embarrassing. I have a brother with Asperger's and one Christmas we were at my in-laws house, making conversation. I had just suffered a miscarriage (before I had any live children) and I heard that a girl who had just had a baby 6 weeks before was pregnant again. I was like "Really? wow." and didn't act happy. My brother said, "Why aren't you happy for them? That's not what you're supposed to say when you find out someone is pregnant!" and I was really embarrassed and FELT like he shared my business even though it wasn't a secret, it was like he called me out.

But I had to over look it because he does stuff like that all the time because he doesn't understand social situations and emotions and stuff like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:35 pm