CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Captain Planet: a live action movie?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Captain Planet: a live action movie? Empty Captain Planet: a live action movie?

Post by Supernova Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:14 pm

This is apparently one of the latest ideas people are working on, a live action Captain Planet movie. The show wasn't bad enough? Granted I never saw it as a kid, I don't know why but that's one we were not allowed to watch, maybe my mother just thought it was annoying, I don't know. But I'll tell you, the very idea of this one doesn't make me think I should spend the $6.50 to go see it.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Captain Planet: a live action movie? Empty Re: Captain Planet: a live action movie?

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:29 am

I saw that as a kid, liked it when I was 4 and didn't understand it. FORGIVENESS MAN In hindsight, it's propaganda disguised as education. lol
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Captain Planet: a live action movie? Empty Re: Captain Planet: a live action movie?

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 am

Hm, maybe that's why we never watched it. big grin
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:47 am

Supernova wrote:Hm, maybe that's why we never watched it. big grin
    Yes, probably.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Supernova wrote:This is apparently one of the latest ideas people are working on, a live action Captain Planet movie. The show wasn't bad enough? Granted I never saw it as a kid, I don't know why but that's one we were not allowed to watch, maybe my mother just thought it was annoying, I don't know. But I'll tell you, the very idea of this one doesn't make me think I should spend the $6.50 to go see it.

Seriously. How do you make a statement like that? You never watched it but you can tell us how bad it was.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:41 pm

This is true, but I think there's a reason the environmentally sound superhero never caught on after this and the Toxic Revenger on Tiny Toons.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Seriously. How do you make a statement like that? You never watched it but you can tell us how bad it was.
    It's human nature to make such statements. FORGIVENESS MAN

Of course, having seen it myself, I remember how much it sucked! FORGIVENESS MAN
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
    Supernova wrote:This is apparently one of the latest ideas people are working on, a live action Captain Planet movie. The show wasn't bad enough? Granted I never saw it as a kid, I don't know why but that's one we were not allowed to watch, maybe my mother just thought it was annoying, I don't know. But I'll tell you, the very idea of this one doesn't make me think I should spend the $6.50 to go see it.

Seriously. How do you make a statement like that? You never watched it but you can tell us how bad it was.

laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:01 am