CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nystyle709
CeCe
RobbieFTW
Forgiveness Man
Chris
9 posters

Terminally ill man to broadcast his assisted suicide.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Terminally ill man to broadcast his assisted suicide. Empty Terminally ill man to broadcast his assisted suicide.

Post by Chris Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:03 am

What's your opinion of this; should this mans assisted suicide be broadcast?

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/07/suicide-nikolai-ivanisovich-jack-kevorkian

World To Watch Assisted Suicide Live On Internet
    Posted on Jul 28, 2011 @ 04:00PM
    By Radar Staff

Terminally ill man to broadcast his assisted suicide. 102416404
    Jack Kevorkian might be gone, but his spirit lives on -- well, maybe living isn't the best way to put it...

For the first time ever, this Friday night, a website will run a live broadcast of a terminally ill man ending his life in a case of assisted suicide.

Nikolai Ivanisovich, 62, is terminally ill with brain cancer. He will die before cameras and a worldwide audience at a clinic in Switzerland, with the use of lethal injection administered by a physician.

The filming of his death will be broadcast on BattleCam.com, a 24/7 Reality TV website where live events are regularly cast to a wide range of audiences.
    The site is run by billionaire businessman Alki David, who purchased the exclusive rights to broadcast the process.

"I am grateful to Mr. David and his team for making this possible," Ivanisovich told Russia Today. "My family will be able to live in prosperity after I pass. May God bless Mr. David for his kindness and generosity.

"Projecting the moral questions that will arise from this event, I would like to add that I find nothing wrong with this at all.

“Death is a fact of life... many governments throughout the western world, including Switzerland, Belgium and Luxembourg, recognize the importance the right to each individual's right to end their life, free of terminal pain."

The controversial event comes at a time the world is in the midst of a debate on assisted suicides: In the United States, it is legal only in the states of Oregon, Montana and Washington.

"This is a breakthrough in consciousness on what we watch,” BattleCam Operations VP Claude Haraser said, “and how we watch it."
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Terminally ill man to broadcast his assisted suicide. Empty Re: Terminally ill man to broadcast his assisted suicide.

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:37 am

It's an attention ploy, IMO.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Terminally ill man to broadcast his assisted suicide. Empty Re: Terminally ill man to broadcast his assisted suicide.

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:08 am

Nothing i would wanna watch but let it play for documentary purposes i guess.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 am

I like the idea of getting information out there for people & increasing awareness. But I'm not exactly crazy that it appears to be a "for profit" situation. People do need to have a better understanding of assisted suicide & that it is a humane alternative.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:54 am

Nothing like letting people know how okay it is to commit suicide. big grin lol I am sure our death-obsessed culture would so go for this.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:00 am

^^it IS ok. People have the right to determine the course of their lives. There's nothing more cruel than forcing someone to suffer through agonizing pain where there is no hope. We don't even do that to pets.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:14 am

Suicide is never okay. The moment we okay it for any reason, we've okayed it for all reasons. If people want to kill themselves, they have the option. They shouldn't ask or get any help. And it certainly shouldn't be encouraged. Everybody has some sentimental excuse for killing. Ending suffering. Inconvenience. "I HAVE THE FREEDOM TO DO IT!" I call bull crap. Suicide is murder and we can make excuses until the cows come home but an excused is still an excuse. The culture's really become self-destructive. And then it'll wonder what the hell happened after the bottom falls out.

And let's not pretend that we give two damns about cruelty. With the stuff our culture allows, justifying suicide under preventing cruelty is complete BS.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:29 am

Uhhhh.....I guess. If you don't wanna watch it, you ain't gotta watch it. Making money off of it seems tacky though.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:12 pm

That's pretty tacky. I agree with his right to die, but don't think it should be aired.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:35 pm

co-signs
    CeCe wrote:I like the idea of getting information out there for people & increasing awareness. But I'm not exactly crazy that it appears to be a "for profit" situation. People do need to have a better understanding of assisted suicide & that it is a humane alternative.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:28 pm

I would hope that a lot of thought has been put into this and that the only motivation wasn't getting his family set financially. But, regardless, I am sure it gives him great peace of mind that his family will be taken care of due to his decision to do this.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:39 am

First of all, I fully support terminally ill people who are losing their battle with whatever afflicts them choosing to die, and being assisted in it. I would rather die with dignity than to just have my body give out after a dehumanizing bout with said disease.

That being said, I'm not sure how much I like idea of someone being compensated for choosing to end their life, or having it exploited on air.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:31 am