CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Shale
wants2laugh
Kral
9 posters

If you're against assisted suicide

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

If you're against assisted suicide Empty If you're against assisted suicide

Post by Kral Mon May 07, 2012 5:40 pm

How do you feel about animal euthanasia?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

If you're against assisted suicide Empty Re: If you're against assisted suicide

Post by wants2laugh Mon May 07, 2012 6:33 pm

always made me wonder... this was the topic on boston legal recently... alan shore's argument exactly... we are humane to animals, but inhuman to people!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm

I am not against assisted suicide and the fact that we euthenize animals who are suffering but insist on making ppl suffer needlessly just exposes the hypocrisy and cruelty of our culture.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon May 07, 2012 8:05 pm

I'm against neither.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon May 07, 2012 8:13 pm

Shale wrote:I am not against assisted suicide and the fact that we euthenize animals who are suffering but insist on making ppl suffer needlessly just exposes the hypocrisy and cruelty of our culture.
    co-signs
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon May 07, 2012 8:20 pm

wants2laugh wrote:always made me wonder... this was the topic on boston legal recently... alan shore's argument exactly... we are humane to animals, but inhuman to people!

Alan Shore was always good at shrouding the truth with wordy emotional appeals that sidestep logic. lol He'd have about 2-3 good closing monologues every season. But beyond that, he was very good at rearranging gobbledygook to sound like he knew what he was talking about. (It didn't help that the show usually couldn't have his opposing lawyers give equally compelling arguments. It was as if they had to make the playing field uneven to justify how Shore could win with such ridiculous arguments.)

I tend to believe that we should treat humans and animals differently. I don't feel that not killing a human is inhumane. People have hijacked "being humane" to justify assisted suicide. I personally am against assisted suicide on the grounds of being humane! big grin

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Mon May 07, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon May 07, 2012 8:28 pm

I am not against it. In all his time assisting, I don't think Kervorkian had one change his/her mind at the last minute. And with the exception of one case, I believe he had all his "patients" pull the plug in his presence,
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Mon May 07, 2012 9:09 pm

I pretty much feel the same way about (in support of) both.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon May 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:

Alan Shore was always good at shrouding the truth with wordy emotional appeals that sidestep logic. lol He'd have about 2-3 good closing monologues every season. But beyond that, he was very good at rearranging gobbledygook to sound like he knew what he was talking about. (It didn't help that the show usually couldn't have his opposing lawyers give equally compelling arguments. It was as if they had to make the playing field uneven to justify how Shore could win with such ridiculous arguments.)

I tend to believe that we should treat humans and animals differently. I don't feel that not killing a human is inhumane. People have hijacked "being humane" to justify assisted suicide. I personally am against assisted suicide on the grounds of being humane! big grin

gobbledygook??? that is called being an attorney--- they do shroud and play a shell game. But there is no way that anyone can make me think that when my grandmother was dying of cancer and begging for help.. begging to be put out of her misery that someone would have been wrong to help her.I killed my dog to put her out of pain---- so why did my gmom have to suffer needlessly??? oh yeah that is right--- because she was human and although could make the decision for herself... her rigths are taken away but the state.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

But there is no way that anyone can make me think that when my grandmother was dying of cancer and begging for help.. begging to be put out of her misery that someone would have been wrong to help her.I killed my dog to put her out of pain---- so why did my gmom have to suffer needlessly??? oh yeah that is right--- because she was human and although could make the decision for herself... her rigths are taken away but the state.

Very sorry to hear that wants2laugh. That would have broken my heart. It had to have been difficult for you. I believe that a person's life belongs to THEM & it should be their choice. NO one should have to suffer needlessly because of other people pushing their religious dogma (and this is generally what's behind it) onto people who want no part of it. It's a form of torture. The fact that it's not only allowed but is forced is disgusting. Do that to an animal & you're going to jail.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:18 pm