CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Tony Marino
Impact
6 posters

Do you date co-workers?

Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Do you date co-workers?  Empty Do you date co-workers?

Post by Impact Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:34 am

So I started kinda "seeing" this one girl who has a connection to my job. She doesn't exactly work with me, but I see her there every few days. Of course the rumor mill has been working overtime with this news and it is already starting to frustrate me as I tend to keep personal business away from work. How do you dealt w/ this (if you have?) Any suggestions?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Do you date co-workers?  Empty Re: Do you date co-workers?

Post by Tony Marino Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:56 am

Heck if you like the girl the hell with the rumor mongrels. If it becomes serious they are going to know about it anyway so why worry about it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:57 am

Sorry I can't be of any help except to say good luck. I hope it works out between the two of you even if by "seeing" you mean just having sex. It's a shame people can't mind their own business.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:09 am

When I was a young man working as the Pinkerton Guard on the evening shift in a General Hospital I ended up a few times going home with a nurse for the night. I rather liked the rumor mill (Remember this was 1967 - the sexual revolution) It let other nurses know the young guard was available for night duty. big grin

That is also where I hooked up with Mrs. R, the older switchboard operator for a continuing affair.

I met my future wife at work and we started living together while still working there. Rumor mill knew about that one as well. Unless you are violating company policy I wouldn't really worry about the rumors.

See it as spontaneous bragging rights. But that is just me, never been much for sneaking around - pretty much a do it in the road kinda guy.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 am

I have before, and I would again. Far as rumors are concerned Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Unless your place of employment has a no-fraternization policy amongst employees, I wouldn't treat it as a secret. They'd then have nothing to gossip about.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:I have before, and I would again. Far as rumors are concerned Do you date co-workers?  2517814472
    Unless your place of employment has a no-fraternization policy amongst employees, I wouldn't treat it as a secret. They'd then have nothing to gossip about.

Do you date co-workers?  35166 . I have a few co-workers that are married to each other and a few that go out together publicly and a few more that are messing around, but trying to keep it on down low. Nature of the working atmosphere.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:16 am