CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Chris
Nystyle709
RobbieFTW
Bluesmama
Shale
femme fatale
10 posters

Do you tell your business to your co-workers?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Do you tell your business to your co-workers? Empty Do you tell your business to your co-workers?

Post by femme fatale Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:29 pm

I have some co-workers who tell all of their personal business to everyone else. Like where they're going on holidays, what new things they're buying, all their family issues and what they plan on doing or buying. Am I the only one who thinks your co-workers should not know all of your business? If you're buying a new house or car or visiting somewhere, isn't it best to keep it from your co-workers or am I being paranoid?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Do you tell your business to your co-workers? Empty Re: Do you tell your business to your co-workers?

Post by Shale Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:44 pm

IDK, I'm pretty open with my co-workers as well as everyone else on the planet who has a computer.

My whole life history is on a Webpage, as well as art, fotos & writings.

Most of my vacations & cruises have a Webpage.

I have been this way for years. Before the Internet was all encompassing much of the same stuff was published in print magazines circulating around the world. So far no ill effect has come of it. Everyone knows I'm bi, a nudist and an old perv.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Do you tell your business to your co-workers? Empty Re: Do you tell your business to your co-workers?

Post by Bluesmama Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:11 pm

I don't think sharing information on what you buy or where you're going is a big deal at all. I see no reason at all for secrecy on these.

I do have one co-worker who tells us a lot more personal information, big and small, than any of us wants to hear, and worse, she often repeats them. I would never reveal half the shit she does.

Then there's the young social butterfly we had who had the misconception that we were interested in who she dated and what she did at Wanker's Corner (bar) Friday night. Open book, that one, and the rest of us didn't give a squat. I found the girl boring as hell.

Things I don't discuss are real financial issues and intimate stuff (and neither do my friends).
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Casually but not every incident or little detail. When you chat with people personal things just come up.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:09 am

Some people are just chatty like that. I don't think telling people you bought a new car or where you're going on vacation is a big deal though.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:58 am

RobbieFTW wrote:Casually but not every incident or little detail. When you chat with people personal things just come up.

co-signs
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:59 am

I only tell what I want them to know.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I only tell what I want them to know.

Yea basically
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Ummm....sometimes but it's not a habitual thing. Just depends on the tone of conversation and how well I like them.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:03 pm

I only confide for the most part to really good friends. But yeah it just depends.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:39 am