CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Cheaps
Alan Smithee
Chris
7 posters

The traffic light turns yellow. Do you accelerate or slow down?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The traffic light turns yellow. Do you accelerate or slow down? Empty The traffic light turns yellow. Do you accelerate or slow down?

Post by Chris Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:30 am

To you, does yellow mean slow down or speed up?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

The traffic light turns yellow. Do you accelerate or slow down? Empty Re: The traffic light turns yellow. Do you accelerate or slow down?

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:03 am

It depends on how close I am and the posted speed on the road. I think it's only a recommendation (not a law) but the length of the amber light is supposed to be 1 sec per 10 MPH. It's a fact that in some places that have the red light cameras, they shorten that time if they don't think they're pulling in enough fines. More and more of the walk/don't walk lights count down which give drivers a much better idea of when the light is about to change which I love.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

The traffic light turns yellow. Do you accelerate or slow down? Empty Re: The traffic light turns yellow. Do you accelerate or slow down?

Post by Cheaps Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:13 am

I do 50/50, I either speed up or slow down. Depends on how fast I'm going and how far away from the light I am.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:51 am

Yeah, it depends on how far I am from it, but it usually means speed up.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:32 am

It depends on how far away from it I am. If I am just about going under it then no but I will stop if I am a short distance away. They have those Cameras that take pics of your license plate now all over the place so it would be pretty stupid to chance the light changing to red.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 pm

Supernova wrote:Yeah, it depends on how far I am from it, but it usually means speed up.

LOL, you JUST got a driver's license and already you're breaking the rules?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:03 pm

I slow down if I'm in no hurry. I'm going through that shit if I am.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:04 pm

I do what my Grandmother used to do when she was still driving: stop and back up! big grin

--Just kidding! Depends on how far through the intersection I already am, but I'm not kidding about Gram doing that. . . .that's why I drive her everywhere now!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:55 am