CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
Bluesmama
ph balanced
RedBedroom
wants2laugh
FireIce918
captainbryce
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Nystyle709
Supernova
Chris
15 posters

Woman sues sex toy company after injuring herself using vibrator

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Woman sues sex toy company after injuring herself using vibrator  Empty Woman sues sex toy company after injuring herself using vibrator

Post by Chris Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:47 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/10/13/2011-10-13_woman_sues_sex_toy_company_after_injuring_herself_using_vibrator.html#ixzz1b4tuI78s

Woman sues sex toy company after injuring herself using vibrator

BY Larry Mcshane
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 10:38 AM

Woman sues sex toy company after injuring herself using vibrator  Alg_woman_feet

A California woman claims a little foreplay nearly put her six feet under.

April Bonjour says her pleasure turned quickly to pain while using a "vibrator/dildo" with her boyfriend last November when the sex toy caused a sharp vaginal pain and massive bleeding.

"I started to get faint from the loss of blood," she wrote in a personal injury complaint filed Aug. 30 in California Superior Court.

"My boyfriend called 911. By the time they got there, I was in and out of consciousness."

Bonjour, in her suit against Pipedream Products Inc., said both she and her son "thought I was dying ... Once we got to the hospital, I had lost so much blood I was given several pints."

The Dunsmuir, Calif., resident filed a civil complaint against the business seeking compensatory damages of more than $25,000. Bonjour's court papers indicate the company brushed her off when she contacted them.

An e-mail sent Thursday for comment from California-based Pipedream was not immediately answered.

The lawsuit also notes that the product "was being used in the manner intended by the defendant" when her injuries occurred.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Woman sues sex toy company after injuring herself using vibrator  Empty Re: Woman sues sex toy company after injuring herself using vibrator

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:54 pm

1. OUCH!

2. Holy crap
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Woman sues sex toy company after injuring herself using vibrator  Empty Re: Woman sues sex toy company after injuring herself using vibrator

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Damn. What the hell was she using?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:32 pm

I've read this story a few times & don't see how something like that could happen. There aren't a lot of details but the only real way I can see it being possible is if it were glass. But it's the users responsibility to check those every time for breaks or chips. It sounds horrible but I couldn't see the seller being to blame. If it wasn't glass that's one serious defect & there should be a recall on the entire lot. I feel for her but this will probably turn out to be misuse or negligence on her part.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Damn. What the hell was she using?
    Seriously. That has to be an actual laceration from the sound of it. The possibilities are really limited.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:35 pm

If this is just a typical run of the mill vibrator, I kind of don't blame the company for brushing her off. They probbly figured it was a scam. I'd like to know more of the facts.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:If this is just a typical run of the mill vibrator, I kind of don't blame the company for brushing her off. They probbly figured it was a scam. I'd like to know more of the facts.

So would I. Every article about this story has the same vagueness about what it was & how it could have happened. I'm not seeing it unless it was glass & that would be her fault.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Okay I'm not a woman and don't have that kind of plumbing, but seriously, don't those things come with some kind if instructions?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:41 pm

captainbryce wrote:Okay I'm not a woman and don't have that kind of plumbing, but seriously, don't those things come with some kind if instructions?

I don't know but this is definitely not a common problem. I would want to see those medical records and see what the doctors had to say, instead of just taking her word.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:46 pm

captainbryce wrote:Okay I'm not a woman and don't have that kind of plumbing, but seriously, don't those things come with some kind if instructions?
    They do & common sense should come into play too. I can't imagine any possible way this could have happened unless it was cracked or chipped glass which would still make it her fault for not checking first. I don't want to be overly graphic but they're generally various forms of latex, plastic, silicone, jelly or glass. Glass should be checked everytime. If there are moving parts inside of any material they have to be periodically inspected. It's just common sense. This sounds like a scam to me.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:58 pm

Damn, she must have had to start it up like a lawnmower for it to do that kind of damage....

I won't front, I had a vibrator that managed to melt inside it's protective case! And I don't understand why, because there wasn't a heat source near it at all...and I'm super pissed cuz I won it at a pleasure party and I KNOW it ain't cheap to replace! LOL

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:07 pm

FireIce918 wrote:Damn, she must have had to start it up like a lawnmower for it to do that kind of damage....

I won't front, I had a vibrator that managed to melt inside it's protective case! And I don't understand why, because there wasn't a heat source near it at all...and I'm super pissed cuz I won it at a pleasure party and I KNOW it ain't cheap to replace! LOL

Seriously! Like she had to kickstart that thing ROFLMAO!

Did you have it near any other...items? It sounds really stupid but some of them don't play well together & will melt, stick together & otherwise disintegrate.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:37 am

most toys says "for novelty use only" or some sort of disclaimer to that effect... always made me think "use at ur own risk" vaginas are different sizes and therefore u cant put a huge dildo in a small vagina.. but i would have expected that the bf wouldnt have forced the toy in... in that case he would have raped her with the toy.

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:54 am

I think she was probably using it incorrectly.
    Woman sues sex toy company after injuring herself using vibrator  Vibmasag
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:08 am

People will and do try to sue for just about anything.
    ph balanced
    ph balanced
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by ph balanced Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:46 am

Wow........that wasn't the Peter North model, eh?
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:48 am

Sounds like 'abuse' of the product! The toy maker should counter-sue. Woman sues sex toy company after injuring herself using vibrator  273237
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 am

About 23 years ago at work, a guy came into our Emergency Room after having shoved one of those up his ass too far, thus getting it stuck. After having it surgically removed, he was probably too embarrassed to sue anyone!

(But it was pretty funny getting that "specimen" in the lab--anything that comes from the Operating Room goes to us. . . ) big grin
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:44 am

Dang did it have a razor's edge?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:56 am

ph balanced wrote:Wow........that wasn't the Peter North model, eh?

ROFLMAO!
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:00 pm

She must have been frustrated.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:06 pm

CeCe wrote:

Seriously! Like she had to kickstart that thing ROFLMAO!

Did you have it near any other...items? It sounds really stupid but some of them don't play well together & will melt, stick together & otherwise disintegrate.

I'm a perv, I keep them all in an old purse that looks like a doctor's bag! Never made a house call, though LOL
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:31 am

Ummmmmmmmmm side frown
    Someone must have not told her that you don't need to handle those things like an icepick!

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:15 am