CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
CeCe
CatEyes10736
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Chris
Bluesmama
RedBedroom
11 posters

Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? Empty Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?

Post by RedBedroom Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Is there an amount of time where you would think you have waited long enough and walk out?

I think even if a place is busy, a host or someone should acknowledge me within ten minutes. If not, I'm out.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? Empty Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?

Post by Bluesmama Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:06 pm

10 minutes is a long time to wait if you're just standing there waiting to be acknowledged. In fact, I would find 5 minutes to feel too long (it is amazing how long just one minute can feel when you're waiting).

I don't "wait well", but much depends on what's going on while I'm waiting. If I can see that they're truly swamped, and I still want to eat there, then I may be more willing. If I see no good reason for the wait then the chances of me leaving are very good.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out? Empty Re: Upon walking in a restaurant, how long would you wait to be acknowledged before walking out?

Post by Chris Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Fifteen minutes and I'm already irritated, twenty and it's time to either go somewhere else or come back later.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:00 pm

If its worth waiting for then Ill wait if not, 10 minutes tops.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:20 pm

5 mins. Waiting is a different story, but I would expect you to at least acknowledge my presence and let me know you're working to get me a table.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:43 am

I don't remember ever having to wait for a table, but I can't see doing it longer than ten minutes. If it isn't a formal occasion, then we can go somewhere else...and if it is, then I would have called ahead of time to reserve a table.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:08 am

I expect to be acknowledged fairly soon after I enter to either be seated or at least have my name taken with some estimation of how much longer it will be from there.
    04JETTA
    04JETTA
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by 04JETTA Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:39 am

Depends on how busy they are, usually 15m is my absolute limit, but again, depends on how busy they are
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:59 am

CeCe wrote:I expect to be acknowledged fairly soon after I enter to either be seated or at least have my name taken with some estimation of how much longer it will be from there.

co-signs
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:46 pm

I won't wait for longer than 20 minutes and it would be good of them to somehow compensate for it (something off the bill or free sides at the very least.)
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:59 pm

I get pissed off if 30 seconds passes without acknowledgement. I mean, if we gotta wait for someone to acknowledge us AND send us to appropriate seating, I expect them to know people are coming in!

Don't let me be with my Brooklyn and Bronx friends.....3.25 good seconds and the whole restaurant getting disrupted like none other!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:47 am