CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
wants2laugh
Supernova
6 posters

What did Drew Peterson do with his wife's body?

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

What did Drew Peterson do with his wife's body? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did Drew Peterson do with his wife's body?

Post by CeCe Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Scott Peterson's attorney knew what he was doing the way he threw doubt after doubt out there. While she was still a missing person, the possibility she had left, the mysterious van in the neighborhood...the possibility she was taken because someone wanted the baby...

Then there was the juror who was allegedly smitten with Peterson & his Ben Affleckish looks. I think it was the autopsy photos that did her in finally. But as far as Drew, unless something more incriminating than him "looking guilty" comes up, there's no way in hell he will ever be convicted of her murder. The first wife yes. But not the missing one.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What did Drew Peterson do with his wife's body? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did Drew Peterson do with his wife's body?

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:11 pm

It's one thing to look guilty, but it's another thing completely to consider the fact that he has never once been concerned that Stacey would reappear and ruin his new life. She left her children behind, they have to be suffering. If nothing else, an innocent person who believed she simply walked out and wasn't missing or dead, would be on TV asking her to come home, see her kids, don't put them through this, let's get a divorce and make it final, SOMETHING that would imply he knows or at least thinks she's out there. He knows she's never coming back, that is not just looking guilty.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Supernova wrote:It's one thing to look guilty, but it's another thing completely to consider the fact that he has never once been concerned that Stacey would reappear and ruin his new life. She left her children behind, they have to be suffering. If nothing else, an innocent person who believed she simply walked out and wasn't missing or dead, would be on TV asking her to come home, see her kids, don't put them through this, let's get a divorce and make it final, SOMETHING that would imply he knows or at least thinks she's out there. He knows she's never coming back, that is not just looking guilty.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's guilty. But with what's been released so far I couldn't vote to convict. Reasonable doubt is there. His lack of concern "could be" that there was no love in the marriage anymore. "Maybe" she was a rotten wife & mother. "Maybe" so many things had happened behind closed doors he wasn't sorry she was gone. A lack of feelings doesn't mean someone is a murderer. She "could have" just left. I don't think she did, but that's just a personal opinion. Not good enough to convict. There's just too much possibility right now. And that is reasonable doubt. As is, he walks.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Every missing person should be declared "murdered" then." Not if there isn't other evidence but if there is other strong circumstantial evidence then yes. Drew Peterson hasn't even gone to trial yet and they may not get a conviction because there may not be enough other evidence with or without a body even if they do find one.

Right. And you know how I interpret this? Because they have woman that's missing and because they find out that he was cheating on his wife and acting nonchalant about her being missing....they're going to make it they're perogative that he pays for her being missing. Whether or not that can prove it. And that's exactly what they did.

And they didn't just convict Scott Peterson with emotion. Sometimes motive, behavior and other circumstantial evidence like the bodies being discovered in the vicinity of where he was known to have recently been, his infidelity and him behaving like he didn't expect her to come back been is enough circumstantial evidence to convict. You are free to acquit if you're ever on a jury. I might do the same depending on the case but your statement implied to me that you always need a body to convict someone of murder. Legally and practically that is not always the case.

How many cases are there when there isn't? If you don't have many cases or even a fraction of the cases where there are people who are convicted of murder without a body, then what makes Scott Peterson so special? Maybe that's the difference between me and everybody else. I don't deal with circumstance. I don't deal with sensationalism. If there is circumstantial evidence that points to someone committing a crime, then there are circumstantial evidence that points to them not doing it. Circumstantial is not definite. You're supposed to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt in a court of law that that instance occurred. Like I said before, they don't even know how Lacey died or even when she died , but they can say that he ultimately did it. Maybe I'm biased to things like this, because I've seen the other side of law. I think if you're going to accuse someone of a crime this heinous and execute him/her for it, then you better be damn certain that it happened and you can prove it. It's not like you're sending this person to Disneyland.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:28 pm

A couple months back there was an episode of Forensic Files about a wife who went missing. Her husband wasn't concerned, in fact he didn't say one word about her being gone. Her brother and sister broke into the house one day when he was gone and found at face value, no signs of foul play. Then they come to the bedroom and flip the mattress and box spring and find it covered in blood, HER blood. But that was the ONLY thing they had to go on, no murder weapon, NO body, only a bloody mattress which he claimed was her menstrual blood, if you saw the pictures you'd be going uh-HELL NO too...but, they have no proof she's actually dead, only a woman who's missing, and her blood on a mattress, but they gave the guy life anyway.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Supernova wrote:A couple months back there was an episode of Forensic Files about a wife who went missing. Her husband wasn't concerned, in fact he didn't say one word about her being gone. Her brother and sister broke into the house one day when he was gone and found at face value, no signs of foul play. Then they come to the bedroom and flip the mattress and box spring and find it covered in blood, HER blood. But that was the ONLY thing they had to go on, no murder weapon, NO body, only a bloody mattress which he claimed was her menstrual blood, if you saw the pictures you'd be going uh-HELL NO too...but, they have no proof she's actually dead, only a woman who's missing, and her blood on a mattress, but they gave the guy life anyway.

A phenomenal amount of blood, especially when it indicates most of a humans blood volume is going to be greater evidence than someone who just disappeared.

And the two cases with the similarities in names is really screwing this thread up lol
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

This is your thread isn't it?

NY, you are talking about Laci & SCOTT Peterson, the pregnant woman from california. The thread started with DREW Peterson, and ex cop who was married 4 times. The 3rd wife was found in the tub dead, and his 4th wife disappeared without a trace. The movie about DREW peterson was on tonight.

Drew was convicted of killing the 3rd wife after his 4th wife disappeared. He is NOT doing any time for the 4th wife.

As for not knowing if someone is dead--- people use credit cards, social security numbers, bank accounts. Without these, it is pretty hard to live. And unless you know some unscrupulous people, it is hard to get fakes. When it comes to the 4th wife, the thought has crossed my mind that perhaps she went in hiding with the help of a battered woman's shelter. Thinking that she would come back later for the kids---but when she didnt return for the kids once he was convicted for the 3rd wife's murder, it was evident she wasnt coming back.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:41 pm

There was some comparison between the two cases being discussed but they've begun to meld lol The names are probably the culprit there. That said, I think Stacy Peterson is probably dead but unless that blue barrel is found or any accomplice wants to clear their conscience, this will remain just another unsolved case.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:13 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

NY, you are talking about Laci & SCOTT Peterson, the pregnant woman from california. The thread started with DREW Peterson, and ex cop who was married 4 times. The 3rd wife was found in the tub dead, and his 4th wife disappeared without a trace. The movie about DREW peterson was on tonight.

Drew was convicted of killing the 3rd wife after his 4th wife disappeared. He is NOT doing any time for the 4th wife.

Oh okay....my bad. I don't know why I'm interchanging the two. Guess Peterson is an infamous name for killing wives.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:19 pm

LOL... definitely never get involved with a guy with that name! LOL
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Oh okay....my bad. I don't know why I'm interchanging the two. Guess Peterson is an infamous name for killing wives.

The dead/missing women's names being Stacy & Laci probably contribute to it too.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:26 am

Never heard of this guy b4.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:09 am

wants2laugh wrote:LOL... definitely never get involved with a guy with that name! LOL

That's what I said.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:11 pm